Finally a reason

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
well, an excuse anyway. I'm posting from my living room-on my new laptop. If I can cure this stupid auto-left-clicking thing it does sometimes, I'll love it.

Instead of listening to piss poor directions from the other drivers or customers, i can get piss poor directions from google & MS maps.

Nice laptop. Toshiba's a great brand. I'd probably have gotten a Toshiba except I got a good deal on the Gateway, which has also been reliable for me.

There should be a thing in the mouse control panel to turn off the feature that lets you click by tapping the pad. I turned it off on mine because I'd play SimCity 4 and kept having little squares of road go where I didn't want them to. I'm pretty sure it's in the mouse control panel, anyway... it might be under a different one.

I have the "double tap to click" turned on on my laptop, I never use it but it's on...I've never had an issue.

The auto-click "feature" is now off. Now, how do I kill this Vista thing? The security settings are just stupid.

"stop this feature"

POPUP-DO YOU REALLY WANT TO STOP THIS FEATURE?-

yes,

OK, but now you have to talk to security sam

ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO ALLOW YOURSELF TO ALLOW US TO STOP THIS FEATURE?

yes

ARE YOU SURE?

Where it the "oh for fucks sake yes you stupid motherfucker, now just shut that damned thing off before I throw you across the room" button?

The auto-click "feature" is now off. Now, how do I kill this Vista thing? The security settings are just stupid.

"stop this feature"

POPUP-DO YOU REALLY WANT TO STOP THIS FEATURE?-

yes,

OK, but now you have to talk to security sam

ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO ALLOW YOURSELF TO ALLOW US TO STOP THIS FEATURE?

yes

ARE YOU SURE?

Where it the "oh for fucks sake yes you stupid motherfucker, now just shut that damned thing off before I throw you across the room" button?

Big Brother is watching you. *peepwall*

Bill and his cronies will tell you what's good for you. Does it work with any of your existing hardware (printers, scanners, etc...) or have you tried yet?

I have an agreement with our IT dude at work. I am to be the last State employee to convert to a laptop. I simply cannot get used to not having a mouse and a numeric keypad. I know I can attach a mouse, but the numeric keypad drives me bonkers. Not so bad for home use, but I enter a ton of digits on the job.

Dude, you can get a numeric pad that connects to the USB port for $40 at Staples. Or you could connect a full sized keyboard ... like everyone else does

Not only that, you can connect a full sized monitor too. You can even get a docking station, which lets you plug all those fun accessories you have for your desktop, and leave them attached when you pull the laptop out to take it home.

Yeah, you can connect a regular keyboard... those come in USB now. Same with mice. And numeric keypads.

*silly made up name*

chcr said:
Does it work with any of your existing hardware (printers, scanners, etc...) or have you tried yet?

Haven't printed anything yet but I had to manually find & add the network printer. Once it saw it, all (seemingly) was well.

The mousepad & accompanying buttons are a PITA but since I'm not using it for real computer stuff, it'll be okay.

I have a little program called "Vista-Crack" and this is one of the options...

3.This step is optional: Do this only if you're annoyed
by the UAC (User Account Control) popup warning messages.
In the Vistacrack GUI select the second option: "UAC Patch".
Click on "Allow" to proceed.
(It will be the last time you will see such an annoying UAC popup!)
Once the patch starts running click on the "Patch" button.
Exit when it says *PATCHING DONE*

well, an excuse anyway. I'm posting from my living room-on my new laptop. If I can cure this stupid auto-left-clicking thing it does sometimes, I'll love it.

Instead of listening to piss poor directions from the other drivers or customers, i can get piss poor directions from google & MS maps.

I have a Toshiba satellite too

Back