FINALLY an mp3 player to replace Winamp.

I still use winamp 2.65 (aug 14 2000). It does mp3, wma and ogg among others. I use the tray plugin as well.

I've been using winamp since the very beginning and overall it's still the best but winamp has seen its last version. Somethings got to replace it and by the looks of it Quintessential will be it. I use R4 (most killer visuals by far) + mp3 dancer(non-winamp visual).

HeXp£Øi± said:
I've been using winamp since the very beginning and overall it's still the best but winamp has seen its last version. Somethings got to replace it and by the looks of it Quintessential will be it. I use R4 (most killer visuals by far) + mp3 dancer(non-winamp visual).

I dislike the visuals, I just like to hear the music and have a simple interface.

I've used the Quintessential Player in the past, as I recall, it was pretty cool even then. Guess I just haven't thought about it since. Thanks for the link, I'll be checking it out.

I prefer to use Foobar whenever i have to venture into the wastelands of Windows.

I've spent nine years wandering those wastelands, so should take my advice on this.

I'm trying the Quintessential to see how it goes, they're from Toronto so I should support them.

Leslie said:
I'm trying the Quintessential to see how it goes, they're from Toronto so I should support them.

:lol: Your patriotism is showing. If it works you should support them. Hell...if I was that patriotic, I wouldn't own either car I have right now...The Audi (German), and the Chrysler (Japanese engine) would never grace my driveway. While it's great to support the local guys, it's better to support yourself.

Gato_Solo said:
:lol: Your patriotism is showing. If it works you should support them. Hell...if I was that patriotic, I wouldn't own either car I have right now...The Audi (German), and the Chrysler (Japanese engine) would never grace my driveway. While it's great to support the local guys, it's better to support yourself.
I'm trying the Quintessential to see how it goes

the interface looks ok so far, and dfx for winamp installed fairly easy.

I've gotta figure out how to make it output through my chipset now,
so I can get the right 5.1, and effects. :confused:

I like the looks of the ripping features so far.

Back