firefox / website question?

BlurOfSerenity

i was just poking around my website, www.batwing.org , but it was behaving oddly and i think it's because of firefox.
the pages are supposed to open in the iframe, but when i click the links, they open as their own pages and i thus lose the tacky leopard/bettie background :(

if anyone knows how to fix that i'll be gleeful.
it should work in IE because i made it when IE and it worked then.
i haven't changed any coding since.
the main frame is called "main" and the links include the target="_main" thing, why doesnt it work?
how can i fix it?

also, the visited links turn blue. they used to turn pink. i want them to still turn pink. is there a fix for that, too?

You know, I also have issues with my website now that I have Firefox. Some (not all) of the team icons don't display at all and, now, when I highlight blocks of text to add formatting, it no longer encapsulates it on either end, rather adds the or to the end of said highlighted block. Not a problem here, for some reason. :confused:

Sorry to interrupt your question, ash. I figured, if we joined forces, we'll both get the attention we need. ;)

If you named the main frame "main" then tell the links to open in "main" and not "_main" and see if that helps. My site uses an iframe which I named "iframe" and I tell the links to open in "iframe" and not "_iframe."

I'm making a website for CS class, and I want to make it W3C compliant. I've worked it down to one single warning:
Code:
Line 7, column 35: there is no attribute "FRAMEBORDER"

<frameset cols="150,*" frameborder="0">
This is the offending file, index.html:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>.title</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
</head>
<frame name="navig" src="navig.html" noresize>
<frame name="main" src="version.html" scrolling="auto" noresize>
</frameset>
</html>
I've tried removing the frames through frameborder="0" on each individual frame. This fixes W3C compliance but doesn't remove the borders, which makes it kind of pointless.
Also, my current solution makes a solid white border in IE, which is kind of annoying for IE users.
Ideas? Please don't tell me to use css.

Here's the site(Swedish). I'm using a border until I find a W3C compliant way to remove it.

Inkara1 said:
If you named the main frame "main" then tell the links to open in "main" and not "_main" and see if that helps. My site uses an iframe which I named "iframe" and I tell the links to open in "iframe" and not "_iframe."

yay inky! it appears to work now, thank thee!

btw, where's your av from? my bf was reading over my shoulder and says he's seen it before but isnt sure where or why.

Kawaii said:
I'm making a website for CS class, and I want to make it W3C compliant. I've worked it down to one single warning:
Code:

This is the offending file, index.html:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
 <html>
 <head>
 <title>.title</title>
 <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
 </head>
 <frame name="navig" src="navig.html" noresize>
 <frame name="main" src="version.html" scrolling="auto" noresize>
 </frameset>
 </html>
I've tried removing the frames through frameborder="0" on each individual frame. This fixes W3C compliance but doesn't remove the borders, which makes it kind of pointless.
Also, my current solution makes a solid white border in IE, which is kind of annoying for IE users.
Ideas? Please don't tell me to use css.

Here's the site(Swedish). I'm using a border until I find a W3C compliant way to remove it.
Try this:
Code:
<frameset cols="150,*" frameborder=0 border=0>

Inkara1 said:
Try this:
Code:
No luck:
File: index.html
Encoding: iso-8859-1
Doctype: HTML 4.01 Frameset
Errors: 2
This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Frameset!

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser.

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute.

Line 7, column 44: there is no attribute "BORDER"

Ah, fuck it. I'm switching to a white background. I'll switch to divs instead of frames soon enough.

That's odd. I had a site with the same type of thing before and it worked fine. I've still got it saved on my hard drive and Firefox shows it just fine.

Back