First Impressions

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Ok here is the deal, pick 5 to 7 fellow OTCers and give us what your first impressions of them where when you first joined, or they first joined, or you first noticed them.

these are not people you have to have met, but it can be.

if the first impression is a tad insulting, say what you think of them now....if it is not insulting.

Gonz: Living in a compound surrounded by barbed wire, armed to the teeth, awaiting the evil goverment uprising.

now realize he is an intellegent man who puts his family first. Who has led an interesting life, and who's determination to do the right thing I admire.

Uncle Hobart: Old dude, works 9 to 5, clean cut

ok i was wrong

Leslie: conservative church lady, nose up in the air.

ok, I was REALLY wrong.

SnP: Bo Duke

Turns out he does a job I admire, and almost tried out, and stands up for his beliefs.

Mr. Bishop: Church Deacon type (yes I knew him on the boards before I ever met him in real life, even though we where in the same city, and shared many mutual friends)

NO church deacon type, good friend.

I know I'm not very good at guessing what people look like. I'm ALWAYS off.

The trouble with first impressions on a website is that you're missing too much to be close to accurate. You don't get facial expressions, mannerisms, inflections, yada yada.

I've now met, in person, Nalani, Kruz, Catocom, Gonz, Samcurry, Inkara1, Stop Laughing, Tonks, Prof, and Unc (although he doesn't count - known him since high school). If I missed anybody, sorry. :D Some of what I thought ended up being true, but a hell of a lot more wasn't. You simply can't see enough on a webpage.

I'll make it easy for you.

Everyone with a name starting A-M:

deranged, alcoholic, skin condition, 8 cats, twittering nutburger with a thing for sniffing old paint cans.

Everyone with a name starting N-Z:

chainsmoker, ex con, balding, commie-nazi, arrogant, drives a Camaro with 4 mismatched tires ... and never got past the 9th grade.

unclehobart said:

chainsmoker, ex con, balding, commie-nazi, arrogant, drives a Camaro with 4 mismatched tires ... and never got past the 9th grade.

Let's see

a. have never smoked in my life
b. have never been in jail
c. still have all the hair -- although it is grey
d. nope
e. I don't think I'm arrogant
f. no Camaro, just a Lincoln Town Car
g. have a BA, 2 yrs of post-grad

LOL

And, too old to be offended. :D

HomeLAN said:
I've now met, in person, Kruz, Catocom, Gonz, Samcurry, Inkara1, Stop Laughing, Tonks, Prof, and Unc (although he doesn't count - known him since high school). If I missed anybody, sorry. :D Some of what I thought ended up being true, but a hell of a lot more wasn't. You simply can't see enough on a webpage.

*pouts* you even grilled for me, remember? *pout*

unclehobart said:

*is officially offended*

-smokes, but not like a chimney
-has never been in jail,but probably should have
-has more hair (and prettier hair) than you
-is German and lives like a communist on a compound, but is not a commie-nazi
-is arrogant but can afford to be
-prefers Novas to Camaros, but owns neither
-has several degrees

so there :p

Truth be told, I know a good many of you going back nigh upon 5 years and I frankly don't remember those first impressions.

nalani said:
*pouts* you even grilled for me, remember? *pout*

I knew I was missing at least one. That's why I apologized in advance. I edited you in, even put you first. While you're cute when you sulk, would you stop now?

paul_valaru said:
SnP: Bo Duke

Turns out he does a job I admire, and almost tried out, and stands up for his beliefs.

Bo Duke, eh? No way I could stand jeans that tight. :D

What did I try out for?

And you can have the job if you want it. :lloyd:

unclehobart said:

deranged, alcoholic, skin condition, 8 cats, twittering nutburger with a thing for sniffing old paint cans.
Deranged - well, if you insist
alcoholic - only during happy hour
skin condition - I burn easily...redhead
8 cats - no, only Cam's two
twittering nutburger - I first read this as nutbugger, but realized otherwise. no comment
as for the sniffing....perhaps....but I don't inhale

paul - some old guy working in a finance company.....I was right and so wrong at the same time *runs* :D
unc - exactly how I had imagined....as well as a thing for cooking fine food
tonks - same as unc but with the unique and great accent!
Bish - just as suggestive in real life :D :D

unclehobart said:

Hey, I only have two cats!

SouthernN'Proud said:
Bo Duke, eh? No way I could stand jeans that tight. :D

What did I try out for?

And you can have the job if you want it. :lloyd:

I was applying as a prison guard in Edmonton before life broadsided me and I realizzed my future was in ontario

unclehobart said:

1. Deranged? Naah. Slightly confused sometimes, but the only deranged person is Paul... :D
2. I am not an alcoholic. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics have to go through a twelve-step program. I just keep drinking. :D
3. I don't have a skin condition.
4. I don't own any pets at all.
5. Huffing is against military regulations. :p

unclehobart said:

Chainsmoker...at times.

Ex con...umm no.

Balding...not yet.

Commie-nazi...no. Confederate thank you very much.

Arrogant...you bet your ass.

Camaro...never. That has always been my most hated vehicle.

9th grade...way past.

I'd like to know what people's first impressions of me were... I'm a glutton for punishment that way.

Back