Folic acid and Black people??????

IDLEchild

I am assuming this is where this thread goes.

Recently i have been thinking about this: Ok so taking into account that the theory that we all came from our ancestrial mother in Africa is true and that when some of the ancestrial bunch moved away into different Areas...(getting back to that later).....

Now the main point of this thread; The ancestrial bunch that stayed there ,of the early humans, did they develop dark skin to protect the reproduction feature of the human race. To protect the new generation of offspring from being born with dangerous defects such as Spinal Befida. Since the harsh amounts of sunlight can easily kill the folic acid supply in women causing them to have lack of Folic acid during Fetus development causing offspring to have birth defects in turn leading them to have a very low chance of survival...(even in this modern age). Also the dark skin in men would protect them from losing spearm due to the diminishing effects of folic acid in them. Could dark skin have been made for that reason. I suppose there are many other reason for the development of dark skin in these very hot climates so could this be one of them????? :brow2:

Buttcrackdivine said:
Thankyou :hairbang: .....but do you think it has validity to it??? :hmm:
dunno :confuse3:

I didn't know about the folic acid/sunlight connection...

but it sounds good :lloyd:

HMMM....i wonder what were the other reasons that this took place. Could the high amounts of light radiation mutate the melanin in the skin or did the melanin mutate to acommpany the harsh light radiation???? :shrug:

Back