Football

Stop Laughing

This Bears season has been a fun one for sure so far...

Starts out at the beginning of the year and everyone's picking the Vikes to win it easy. They go out and get themselves shipwrecked ;) and it falls to us. The Packers look absolutely pathetic and I coudn't be happier about that (how the hell could they beat the Falcons though, WTF?). We're on a roll now but have a real tough game this week with Carolina in a battle for NFC dominanace. Last week's game was wild. Anyone else see the field goal try in the 50 MPH gust that almost made it to the sideline before the end line? That made me laugh out loud, even though it was our kick. I couldn't watch the game for the same reason it was so wild: the winds. It knocked out our power on 4 separate occasions, the last one very inconveniently during the 2nd quarter, I missed the 108 yard Vasher TD. That last one was scary because a utility pole right across the street was making a sustained loud zap and a bright white flash for a good 2-3 seconds and the power went off right after that. The wind must've cut the wire from it. Oh well, we still won that game. Also, I found it funny that the entire NFC North, which looked like the worst division in football, all won last week, and two days later the ESPN magazine comes out with a whole article about how it's the worst division in all sports. Great timing. :D

rrfield

I wouldn't get too excited about the Bears. They barely beat the 49ers at home, had to rely on that 108 yard field goal return. If they do make the playoffs it will be one and done. I have a feeling that the Vikings-Bears game to end the season is going to decide the NFC North champion. Not that it matters. Both teams suck ballz and will get put out promptly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Now that I'm an unemployed bastich again, I'm making a point of of losing my debt so I can take a local job (probably at less money) so I can spend time at home. That means I can once again enjoy the Sunday ritual of Raiders football....wait, hold on a sec....

*what's that?
Oh, we can't get Raider football in Indiana unless it's a national game?
They're WHAT?!?!?! 3-5????*

Sorry about that...as I was saying, I can spend my SUndays playing BF2 online....

:D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I don't think anyone would have made a comfortable living on their preseason picks this year.

Has anyone shot Terrell Owens yet? And if so, can we account for Donovan McNabb's whereabouts at the time of the shooting?

The Bangles have a better record than the Patriots...John Madden is STILL president of the Michael Vick Fan Club...Jamaal Lewis hid his dope better than he carries a football...Brett Favre looks like Trent Dilfer, but Carson Palmer looks like...well...Brett Favre.

Is it baseball season again yet?

Dave

The Bangles have a better record than the Patriots
ugh...dont remind me.
i'm somewhat suprised they are doing as good as they are with all the injuries and the schedule they got this year. i keep expecting to hear reports of the staff outside the stadium with the secondary's uniforms to see if any spectators are the right size.
at least they should make the playoffs considering they are in the AFC Least.

Stop Laughing

rrfield said:
I wouldn't get too excited about the Bears. They barely beat the 49ers at home, had to rely on that 108 yard field goal return. If they do make the playoffs it will be one and done. I have a feeling that the Vikings-Bears game to end the season is going to decide the NFC North champion. Not that it matters. Both teams suck ballz and will get put out promptly.

If it wasn't so goddamn windy, we probably would've blown them away in the less literal sense. I'd have rather had it this week against the Panthers, do something to break them up (especially since they're a good passing offense) and not the 49ers, they don't need help stopping their offense.

Inkara1

I was born and raised a Raiders and Cowboys fan. I also follow the Texans because I went to school with David Carr and got to ask him a few questions for the paper.

One out of three ain't bad I guess.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:

Root for the TB Fuckaneers all you like. I remember their first year. They've come a long way since then, but they still ain't Pittsburgh. :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm only getting bits and pieces of the Steelers-Ravens game. Last I saw, the dreaded Raven's were up. Anybody know the score right now? :mope:

HomeLAN

When you're tied and driving close to fieldgoal range, what do you not want to do? That's right - fumble.

Proving once again that the only thing potentially worse than an injured Vick for the Falcons is a healthy Vick.