For once in my life, I'm not the last one to get one!

Stop Laughing

A digital camera, that is. My mother got it for me as an early Christmas present and as soon as I got home the next day after the batteries were charged all day while I was at work I tried it out (before even taking off my work vest! :D), and here's a good shot (if you ignore all the crap on the mirror, should've cleaned it first :eek: ) of me with the camera. It's a Sony DSC-P51 BTW, 2.0 megapixel, 6x zoom (3 digital, 2 optical) and a 1.6 inch LCD screen. Tomorrow I'm gonna make a little movie of my brother throwing his bowling ball, his elbow does freaky things in midair, I might show it later, but I should warn it may make you sick (he's done it to at least one person I know :D).

Attachment(s):

camera2.jpg, 19.92kb

97_1038633531.jpg

damn...that'll make me the last one... :(

cant see the pic. little red x

edit: there it is.

Don't worry Spot

technically i don't have mine yet (tis in my mom's closet for christmas) so if you're fast you won't be last! :D

You won't be disappointed, that's the same camera as mine but with the optical zoom.

I have crappy Logitech VGA camera. No zoom, no flash, no LCD. The worst part is ti is blurry. I can only take non-blurry picks when the camersa on a table.

Altron said:
I have crappy Logitech VGA camera. No zoom, no flash, no LCD. The worst part is ti is blurry. I can only take non-blurry picks when the camersa on a table.

That's why you should use a tripod - it's caused by you moving - not so bad if you hold your breath and rest your elbows on something as you take a pic - similar to when target shooting. I have the same problem, I can't stay still. :)

I have a ridiculous pole with a little spinny stick at the end, and it helps me take pictures a bit better. And It's the samera too. I can take nice pictures without a tripod using my uncles digital camera, mine is really low quality, so they didn't put in the fancy stuff to take nice pictures. My aunts friend got a Canon S200 camera, and it even does lighting and stuff. If you point it at a dark place the LCD will show it getting lighter, but the flash isn't on, its just the camera.

I'm expecting to see mine this week...

...tested the P71, which is kind of the 3MP version of the P51 (if I'm correct). Nice camera indeed! Made some good shots with it. I didn't choose it though. I ordered the Sony DSC S85 instead....

digital is nice and all, but there is something to be said for being in a darkroom and watching your pictures develop before your eyes.

I miss the old days where you actually have all the pics in an album to flip through. Having to print them out is too tedious (I have a photo printer). Ofoto.com is a nice service though. Anyway, I just got a 2nd digicam - Canon A40 for $200 + tax. Quite a deal.

cool!
My parents aren't sure if they should get one or not. My camera is total crap and I want to be able to take pics, but I can't afford an A40 (The one we want to get)

Back