Forgea

kuulani

Anybody heard of Forgea?

Well, what I don't get (and before you call me a dog-hater), is why they did this? Hundreds of dogs in America are put to sleep everyday at the Humane Society ... why is this garnering such attention? Why aren't people rushing out to save those dogs?

Where are our priorities? Couldn't the money they used on the three attempts to save the dog be used for ... say ... feeding the starving people out there? *silly wishful thinking*

I'm glad, however, that they were able to tow the boat to Hawaii, avoiding an oil spill on Johnston.

Pretty good film I thought, considering the bad reviews. Fairly awe-inspiring. Good one to watch if you are stoned. :headbang:

MuFu.

Originally posted by MuFu
Pretty good film I thought, considering the bad reviews. Fairly awe-inspiring. Good one to watch if you are stoned. :headbang:

MuFu.

I assume "Hollow Man" is also a good one to watch whilst... ahem... "under the influence" :D SFX are quite good, I thought. Shame about the ending though :(

Good thing that money wasn't put forth by the US Government.
The reason that the money was used to save that one dog instead of the thousands put to sleep every day is because that dog was actually someones pet. I, too, believe that the money could have been spent elsewhere to better effect, but I never had my say and it wasn't my money...

So much for the subject...

But Contact is probably my favorite movie of all time... certainly in the top three. Something about the story that just transcends the normal "human interest" crap that most good movies are based on.

Yeah, me too. Well... perhaps not top three, but maybe top ten. I certainly remember thinkin' it was seriously cool. That bit where the first machine explodes... damn, on the big screen that was cool. :D

MuFu.

Originally posted by Gato_Solo
Good thing that money wasn't put forth by the US Government.
The reason that the money was used to save that one dog instead of the thousands put to sleep every day is because that dog was actually someones pet. I, too, believe that the money could have been spent elsewhere to better effect, but I never had my say and it wasn't my money...

But those other dogs are someone's pet too, aren't they? Someone's lost pet, someone's neglected pet ...

Originally posted by kuulani
Yup, we just bought the DVD :D

I bought it a while back. It was ok for a while, then it started hangin up and skippin. Let me know if yours does that :)

I thought the best part of the movie was when they get the second machine goin full bore.....now that's some friggin power :headbang:

Back