Fox asks is it okthat the President Lied?

spike

Hard to imagine even Fox is turning on the pres.

Since when is it OK for a president to lie to reporters?

Wasn’t it just last week that the president told reporters that both Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney were staying on their jobs for the next two years?

It was an important question. The president didn’t duck. He didn’t give one of those mealy mouthed, we’ll see answers. He said yes, they’re both staying. And even as he said it, they were getting ready to get rid of Rumsfeld.

He must have known that. He hadn’t talked to Gates yet, but Gates was being vetted for the Defense job at the time. Surely, the president knew that.

Excuse me, but it doesn’t add up to an honest answer.

Am I the only one who’s wondering why it is that the president is allowed to intentionally mislead people, and no one says “boo.”

I know I’m not supposed to say this (my conservative friends get so bent out of shape when liberals accuse the president of “lying” but if the shoe fits….) but is it because we’re so used to it?

(Story continues below)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,228402,00.html

Damned if you do & damned if you don't.

Imagine the outcry if he said, "Oh, by the way, before bext weeks election, Don is, as has been demanded for a few years, stepping aside".

Yea, right.

FYI...the author of that piece
By Susan Estrich
Fox bio said:
...the first woman to head a national presidential campaign (Dukakis)

Politically, Bush and "Rummy" played it right. Standard fare, resign after the election is over. non story.

The president lied????? Say it ain't so. I can't believe a president of these United States would lie to the American people. :rolleyes:

Back