FREE RENT

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Don't wanna pay for your house? DON'T!!!! The US taxpayer will foot the bill. Call 1-888-uptheass....your Congress is standing by to take your call & your money.

WASHINGTON -- The House approved a sweeping plan Wednesday to ease the country's most serious housing crisis since the Great Depression by providing aid to homeowners facing foreclosure and a federal backstop for struggling mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

In a sign of election-year anxiety over the economy, the White House dropped its veto threat and signaled that President Bush would sign the bill, despite his opposition to a provision to provide $4 billion to communities to buy and fix up vacant properties.

Senate approval could come by the end of the week.

LA Times

I wonder, given the right set of judges, could this idiotic piece of legislation be used as a basis for a RIGHT to free housing?

federal backstop for struggling mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Why is it you never have a problem with the corporate welfare part?

The measure seeks to stave off foreclosure for 400,000 or more homeowners in part by allowing them to refinance into lower-cost government-insured mortgages, provided lenders agree to take a loss.

Sounds like these people still have to pay for their homes. So the first sentence of your comment is innacurate, and yet there's 4 exclamation points.

damn, you'd think they would have learned by now, good grief, it's good money after bad.

still a bunch of idiot advisers in there.

um, yeah, we still think so, thanks. and WTF does that have to do with gonz's post?

Because a king wouldn't be shoving the teat of taxpayers' money at the lowest common voter. He's not up for election and he can do what's right, not what makes good headlines. Gotta love election years ... NOT!

Why is it you never have a problem with the corporate welfare part?
Well, let's see. I don't recall advocating any welfare. However, in the case of corporate bailouts, I'm generally against it. Let 'e, go under. Somebody stronger will arrive. Although, it does make political sense. Helping a company that has 100, 1000, 100000 employees, paying taxes & contributing to society-keeping their jobs safe & keeping them off welfare makes some sense.

Back