friends, relations and family

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
So yesterday I was arguing with some friends about the position a girlfriend should have in one's life.

In my opinion, one chooses a woman so she can become your best friend, lover and if things goes well, become part of your family. Being family the most important thing, friends as much as we wish to deny it, will not be there for you always.

Surprisingly, everybody seemed to disagree with me. It caught my attention that they said one should not trust the bf/gf just as you trust in your friends (implying one should place more trust in friends).

To certain extend I understand their position, but I find it incredibly selfish to deny trust on your girl simply because of what she is. No wonder I'm alone :shrug:

I agree too

I think one needs all three types of relationships but friends very rarely become so close that they're like part of your family whereas for most people the whole purpose of dating is to find a life partner and if one has a life partner and a good family relationship it's inevitable that the life partner will become part of ones family. Holding sig others at arms length and placing them below your friends will result in never having a meaningful relationship. With that said one shouldn't neglect their friends because they have a sig other either.

You are absolutely right, no doubt about it. That is how it should be.

Of course:

1) very few actually achieve that and 2) your doomed if you do not achieve that.

Chalk it up to another one in a list of 100 reasons for the high divorce rate.

[size=+2]In a recent survey it was discovered the 94% of American women lost their virginity to Chuck Norris.

The other 6% were incredibly fat or ugly.
[/size]

chuck3.jpg

After a quarter century of marriage

I can tell you

ya ain't gotta clue

but then you'll enjoy being a bachelor, right?

I operate under a few simple rules. One of them is that I set the priorities in my life. If I value someone or something over another, that's how it is. If someone else feels differently, that's OK too. If that someone feels differently AND feels compelled to correct my misguided beliefs, that's when I re-evaluate that person's standing. It generally drops.

That being said, I have also found that it is quite easy to over value a dating relationship. Holding yourself in check to keep from going apeshit and blowing off other important things/people is crucial. When the dating partner is the right one, you'll know it. Until then, they occupy the standing you allow.

So yesterday I was arguing with some friends about the position a girlfriend should have in one's life.

In my opinion, one chooses a woman so she can become your best friend, lover and if things goes well, become part of your family. Being family the most important thing, friends as much as we wish to deny it, will not be there for you always.

Surprisingly, everybody seemed to disagree with me. It caught my attention that they said one should not trust the bf/gf just as you trust in your friends (implying one should place more trust in friends).

To certain extend I understand their position, but I find it incredibly selfish to deny trust on your girl simply because of what she is. No wonder I'm alone :shrug:

You are not alone anymore.....This was before we met :) I couldnt help reading it.....I love you sooooo much and also agree with your statement!

ditto

:D

you made prof loose his spicy noodles.

:rofl4: I love you!!

P.S. Do you work at the Chicacouchating (or something) Holiday Inn? I drove by there on a bus on my way home from Rama on the weekend

P.P.S. What are you and Les doing on the long weekend? I feel like going on a road trip and me thinks the Barrie area would be a good destination :)

Kids is gone, so we are doing like bunnies do...

and after the carrot sticks, we are gonna fuck. (that would be after eating the carrot sticks prof, get your mind out of the gutter)

Never worked at that holiday inn there.

Lol I do some weekends at rama....

On a serious note, chances are Leslie will be working most of the weekend, but she will have her schedule a few days before, PM her.

I'll be home....alone :brow:

What do you do when you work at Rama?? Do you check IDs? Them guys are all pointing at me all the time...I always make sure to get a stamp.

I WILL PM her...her and I need to drink with her tablecloth (I'm too lazy to look for the thread where we talk about that).

Home alone...that's me every night of the week...

(that would be after eating the carrot sticks prof, get your mind out of the gutter)

The first girlfriend I ever had had s certain rumor about her and a carrot going around. The little freshman kids threw carrots at us a few times.

Back