Frightening

Cass Weinstein is a dangerous man. Did anyone catch the part about the Constitution being a "unitary" document?

Unitary

Government. of or pertaining to a system of government in which the executive, legislative, and judicial powers of each state in a body of states are vested in a central authority.

The Communist Manifesto is a unitary document.

How about that part about needing a time machine to go back and see what they meant "over a hundred years ago" (That's "over two hundred years ago Cassie ol' boy). All the rest of us need to find out what they meant is a trip to the library for a copy of the Federalist Papers and the Anti-Federalist Papers.

And these are the people leading this nation?

i see where you're trying to go jim but i'm not all that sure that the meaning of "unitary" (here, in a specific sense) is what you're suggesting it is. more context might help.

I'll just stick this here....

I notice while the pres. was giving his speech just now about the new
recipients of the medal of honor, he used the phrase...
"fighting for what they thought was right", not "fighting for what was right"

I think that was telling.

The Frightening reality in which you find yourself.

Things have clearly passed the point of frighteningly absurd.

I'll just stick this here....

I notice while the pres. was giving his speech just now about the new
recipients of the medal of honor, he used the phrase...
"fighting for what they thought was right", not "fighting for what was right"

I think that was telling.

and this is coming from mistersloppyphrase himself? seriously, if you're nit picking to this extent, you need a new hobby.

lol :D

I also don't have a TelePrompter, and Harvard speech writers.
(not that I'd use um if I did have um)

I calculate my words, but I'd venture to say, not nearly as much as he.

what's really funny is when obama starts using language that defies his ivy league education. when he starts using informal phrasing, when he's talking to 'the people' and he softens his pronunciation in ways that recall a southern, kinda black affect. linguists call it 'code switching.' i call it pandering.

Back