Front Bumper

Sawhney89

Below are pics of my car. Some asshole hit my car and ran while I was eating at panera bread. I can not track them down either because there were no cameras in the parking lot. My car is an '02 Subaru Legacy. Click on the image to expand it.

Altron

I think you need to clarify whether or not you were parked with your front sticking so far outside of the space that people couldn't help but hit it.

Altron

The profanity was amazing. It was like watching South park while listening to rap. I don't think I've ever seen him that pissed off before.

Big and happy 3.7k

Professur

For starters ... there's more than one hit there. And I'm not totally convinced that the white drag mark on the bumper wasn't self inflicted. Look at how it rounds the tip. That's tough to do to someone else. There's a single tap (grey) in the front. And a dent behind the centre of the wheel. Did you file a police report? How did they see it?

BTW, I don't know for certain about Jersey ... but most places don't allow sandals or flipflops to be worn while driving.

Professur

BTW, all of that's repairable. The bumper (white) isn't broken. The white will probably clean up by buffing with compound. The dents didn't break the paint, so they probably haven't oil canned. It's a couple of bolts to remove the fender. Use a soft plastic hammer (8oz) to knock them back out from the inside ... and a wide block of pine held loosely (tight against the painted side) as a dolly. Work slowly and carefully and you'll have it looking right in no time.
Alternately, you can probably get a replacement fender at a scrap yard for about $50 ... already the same colour.

Altron

Really? Didn't know that there were laws about that kinda stuff.
I wear sandals all the time, and I've driven barefoot or in socks on far more than one occasion. Don't see what the problem is.

Professur

Car floors tend to have little pebbles on them. If you happen to get one down the toe of a shoe, you'll flinch when you hit the brake hard. That's what's commonly known as "not a good thing"

Altron

Well, it's probably a Canada thing.

EVERYONE drives with sandals here. Most women wear them often, men less so, but the 13-25 demographic wears them a lot. I wore sneakers to school for the first time since April today.

I've never heard of anyone getting fined for driving with sandals, and with so many people doing it, it would seem that it's either not a law or not enforced.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I know it's a bad idea to drive with flipflops...don't know if it's illegal for sure or if it's enforced if it is illegal...but I do know that driving barefoot is illegal. Does that mean I don't do it? No...but it means I always have my shoe right there to slip on, just incase...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Have an accident with barefeet and see how fast it's enforced. Including voiding your insurance...

I meant in terms of if the cops pulled you over and you had no shoes...I dunno if they'd really give you a ticket.

It's true though, driving barefoot decreases control to some degree...sometimes if I'm wearing heels I'll drive without my shoe on cause I just can't seem to drive very well in heels...but I do try to avoid it. I have about 4 pairs of shoes in my car right now so I often just change when I get where I'm going.

Altron

I don't see how it decreases control. If anything, not having an inch of foam and rubber between you and the pedal makes you more precise.

Inkara1

I knew you weren't supposed to drive barefoot in California... the flip-flops thing is new to me, though.