Fun stuff to do at work

:rofl4:

Another gem is to do a "Print Screen" of the user's desktop, and then paste the image from the clipboard to a photo program, and save the image as a bitmap. Then, set the 'snapshot' of their desktop as the actual desktop wallpaper. (You'll have to hide the Windows status bar, and move all their desktop icons into a folder, which you can hide conspicuously in the corner or something.) The user will see their desktop as always, but everything on it will appear to be frozen when they try to click on it...sending them into a rebooting and virus scanning fit!

I had a screen shot of my desktop saved one time when we were doing a thread of desktops here and then changed my desktop photo for some reason. When I went to put the old one back I used the screen shot without realizing. I couldn't figure out why I had extra and doubled icons and why they weren't working!!! Took me a good 5min to figure it out!

Yep, at least on 95 it does. 2k and xp doesn't, not sure about 98.

It never worked for me that way with win95, win95 osr2.1, win98 nor win2k. :shrug:

I know 'cause usually i forget the cds inside the drive.

While we're on the subject autoplay has disabled itself on ex peepee pro and wont come back on. Ideas?

Back