Fun times

Inkara1

It appears the people in the apartment next door to mine are getting Dish Network. So I'm kind of wondering why the installers are putting the dish on the eave above my kitchen window.

It has to face SW (110 & 119 are the main satelites). Maybe you have a better angle.

I don't think 15 feet will make a difference in this case. In fact, I'm closer to the trees. And over here, it's southeast. In Fresno, it's 164 degrees from north, so I'm guessing it's 162 or 163 degrees here.

You aim the dish at 163 degrees from the north. Any Boy Scout compass will show degrees on it. Straight south would be 180 degrees, east would be 90 degrees and west would be 270 degrees.

Inkara1 said:
It appears the people in the apartment next door to mine are getting Dish Network. So I'm kind of wondering why the installers are putting the dish on the eave above my kitchen window.

Two words...Aluminum foil. :D Duct tape a ribbon of foil over it when they aren't home, and watch the fun when the wind blows.

Gonz said:
110, 119, 163, etc azimuth. The longitude depends on zip zone.
One the ones I helped install, we had to point the dish at approximately 164 degrees from north in order to get the 110 and 119 satellites.

Back