functional V8 engine....

Mirlyn

...from paper
paper_v8_engine.jpg

This V8 Engine made entirely out of paper with the exception of a few parts (motor, wires, etc.), is fully functional. It features many moving parts which include “a compound crankshaft, a rapid cooling fan, 8 rods, 8 pistons and a complex compound gearbox etc.”. The engine is powered by 2×1.5V D Batteries and weighs 2.98kg.
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/functional-paper-v8-engine

When I was a little kid, I used to make cars out of paper... including deep-dish rims and functioning suspensions (I'll admit I made the springs out of wire, not paper).

catocom said:
When I was young I wanted one of those clear plastic V8s.
I still do!

When I was a little kid, I used to make cars out of paper... including deep-dish rims and functioning suspensions (I'll admit I made the springs out of wire, not paper).
And there you have it parents. If you see your kids doing this, stop them immediately.

PT said:
I still do!
My dad had one too. I thought, in my infinite youth wisdom, that it'd be neat to put it together for him. I don't think he found the idea all that welcoming....jealousy, perhaps, that I beat him to it.

Oh well. It was cool. :D

I can't believe that I'm the only one to look at that and wonder how functional it would be with half a gallon of premium and a nice hot spark.

A friend of mine used to(probably still does) buid model cars, then after they
collected some dust, he'd slowly set um on fire.

Professur said:
I can't believe that I'm the only one to look at that and wonder how functional it would be with half a gallon of premium and a nice hot spark.

Wouldn't that make it a Maserati engine? Too many cylinders to be a Pontiac Fiero engine.

Winky said:
Wow a 400 Horse Fiero would Rock!

Until you hit that first turn. Fieros were famous for that. Looks like a Porsche. Accelerates like a Porsche. Steers like a Renault 2CV. :lol:

Back