Game Cube or PS2?

75renegade

What's yer opinion?

My boys lusted after the Cube until they finally purchased one, this past Christmas.

Not puttin' their decison down, may yet prove to be a wise choice, but I had been tryin' to persuade them to choose a PS2.

In my mind, it was a more grown-up system, ya know, CD, DVD, Internet options, etc., an' fer cryin' out loud, its the only system that can offer the masses, "Grand Theft Auto", (not that I truley feel it is the best "food" our youth can feed on).

Still, those of you players of games, can ya share yer opinion about which of these two systems truely offers the most to the consumer??(

Or the third choice...

You forgot Xbox.
I think it's the best. Gamecube has too many anime games, PS2 has too many sports games, and Xbox has too many shooting games (which is good :))

Hey Alt

I truely didn't forget X-box.

Was jus' pretendin' that X-box wasn't a valid game system for now.

Haven't played with any long enough for it to matter, but the two that my sons were interested in, were the two above mentioned.

I myself, am satisfied with N64, I like Mario an' Starfox, etc.

Thanks though, for sharin' yer two cents! It sorta summed it up, in a way that neither one of my boys expressed.:)

I would have to agree with the PS2, I think the variety of games is greater, and it's more of a future system. It actually has the graphic and power to really last for more than a year, something that I think the others are lacking.

i have both. ill take the ps2 cause of the dvd capabilities. the GC has some great games but i prefer the ps2 cause of the dvd player.

nintendo basically said that they want to stick with video games.just so you know 75renegade, the X-box is good too(i have one of those too) but my prob with it is that you need to buy the remote so id advise against it if you want a dvd player. as unc said its more versatile. my only prob is that for some reason the dvds arent as loud as the games

xbox plays dvds and has online capabilities as well, also you get 2 games for $199. don't know if ps2 or game cube gives you 2 gaves for thr $149, so if they won't price is about even.. $50 for a game aint horrible. xbox also has greater capability graphix wise, but game selection is weak compared to ps2 (has tons of great games). supposedly xbox has a bunch of good games coming out though. personally if I were buying a system now I'd purchase gamecube, only because all my favorite games are on that platform.. like super smash brothers, metroid, zelda, mario.. plus I already have a ps2 :D

i'd really like to get an xbox for splinter cell though..

i've only played on other peoples but i thought the gamecube was horrible to use [controllers were crappy], the ps2 i like [but then i like sports games ;)]. xbox is too huge and ugly for this house.

PS2 is by far the biggest selling system, has the most games (of al genres), and the best controller.

Add DVD playback and support for all PSone games (that means loads of $10 A+ games) and you've got a winner.

freako104 said:
i didnt get a free game with mine actully. i had to puchase Halo.

They now give you Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT (race-car game)

The remote is pretty nice, you don't have to go find the controller when watchin ovies. Don't forget Xbox Live, which is cool (even though my friend registered as "Altron" for Xbox live, that bastard... :) lol) and the hard drive.

But of course, my favorite gaming system of all is the PC. More games than PS1, PS2, Xbox, N64, and Xbox combined, plus graphics that blow away (on my PC, different for each) everything except Xbox (Xbox has a modified Geforce 3, I have a Gefore 2 on my PC)

X-Box because bill loses money on each one sold.

PS2-because it plays PS1 games

Nintenwho

If you look at system specs, Xbox whoops ass there.
It's graphics and processor are way more powerful, plus it's got a hard drive, and a NIC (For Xbox Live - pretty cool, as if it wasn't good enough already)
With PS2 you have to fork over extra money for online gaming hardware and a HDD

Altron said:

Like I said. They're all close enough for it not to matter. The PS2 has a RISC processor which has inherent advantages. But there's not really going to be a big difference.

With the XBox you have to fork over extra money to get a decent "S" controller. It doesn't have anywhere close to the number of quality games. Not to mention the mountains of great PSOne games.

Also since Nintendo and XBox continue to be dominated by Sony in sales. (this past Christmas estimates are that Sony sold more than the other two combined). Which means that it should enjoy the best software support in the future because it has the (by far) largest user base.

flavio said:
Altron said:

Like I said. They're all close enough for it not to matter.

But I said that it's a lot better, and you're agreeing wiht me by saying they are all the same
:confbang:

Back