Gee, didn't see this coming...

Inkara1

GM to deep-six GTO

They're citing the cost of new airbag regulations and that the platform is being phased out... something tells me if they didn't make it look like a jellybean, it would have sold well enough to justify the cost. The Chrysler 300 has sold like hotcakes... the Mustang has sold like hotcakes... people are drooling over the Dodge Challenger concept car and, hell, even the new Camaro concept car.

I said it went they came out with it. The other two built retro cars, with styling cues from the past. GM just retagged the Grand Am.

Yep. The body styling just can't compete with what else is out there.

My mechanic owns one, took mine for a spin, and said they were pretty comparable. I can get a chest freezer home in mine. He can't.

HomeLAN said:
I can get a chest freezer home in mine. He can't.

I can do that too, and I ain't payin' for a Hemi.

[Grateful Dead]Truckin’ got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin’, like the do-dah man...[/Grateful Dead]

SouthernN'Proud said:

[Grateful Dead]Truckin’ got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin’, like the do-dah man...[/Grateful Dead]

Me neither. Just for new heads.

SouthernN'Proud said:

True, but I bet it's fun to embarrass some rice-boy in his rice-rocket '97 Civic with the $2000 rims on the front and stock steel rims with no hubcaps on the back, the Folgers can exhaust tip, the big-ass spoiler, the factory paint job except for the primer-colored "body kit" front and back bumper, the Toyota Racing Development sticker on the windshield, the cut springs to lower the car... everything to make it look faster but nothing to make it actually go faster, like a turbocharger or a NOS setup.

Back