glasses, not asses

kuulani

how many of you have heard the term, "tables are made for glasses, not asses"? i've heard this phrase my whole life, and because of it, cringe when i see people sitting on tables. my children will hear this from me their whole lives too.

so, what kind of learned behaviors will you pass on to your children?

tonksy

kuulani said:
how many of you have heard the term, "tables are made for glasses, not asses"? i've heard this phrase my whole life, and because of it, cringe when i see people sitting on tables. my children will hear this from me their whole lives too.

so, what kind of learned behaviors will you pass on to your children?
lol...ironically enough i am dealing with mine right now.
"don't tell me you don't like it until you try it!"

every damn night there is a fight over dinner unless it's pizza, chicken soup (campbell's canned), or mcdonald's...and besides the homemade pizza we don't do those often. so tonights pork roast, mashed red potatoes, and green beans met with a whine and grumble and a "i don't like some of those!"
so after about 5 minutes of timeout and 10 minutes of crying, dinner is being consumed.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
did this one last week, and haven't the faintest clue why

*GASP* You DON'T put new shoes on the table!!! get them OFF!!! what are you THINKING!!???!!! GAAAAAAAAH!!!

apparently old worn dogshitty shoes are ok on the table?

:tardbang:

tonksy

"say please!"
"say thank you"
"say excuse me"
"cover your mouth when you cough"
"don't interrupt"
"settle down and go to sleep"
"get your finger out of your nose"
"if you hold your head back the water won't get in your eyes"
"did you flush?"
"because i said so"
"because robbie said so"
"look at me when i'm talking to you"
"don't play with your food"

sigh...i feel better.

IDLEchild

"Don't put a marble up your ass"
"Stop hanging out with other kids....you're a bad influence on them"
"I love you as long as you do work for me"
"Its not my fault you turned out stupid"
"Don't scream unless you have to"

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
Stop licking yourself!!!

*note: I don't have kids only dogs

I'm in the same situation and mine is usually "STOP dragging your ass across the floor!!!"

HomeLAN

A.B.Normal said:
Stop licking yourself!!!

*note: I don't have kids only dogs

Applies to some kids, too.

A lot of mine, I won't pass down, because I was one of five kids, and mine's an only child. "Don't light your sister's hair on fire" isn't likely to come up.

However, I did tell him to remove his fingers from the scissors blades just this morning.

kuulani

you know what the smartass response to that one is ... "why, are you gonna mail this food to them if i don't eat it?" :lloyd:

PrincessLissa

My daughter is learning (from me not her picky father) that she needs to try everything before she decides that she doesn't like it.

Winky

"clean your plate"

To this day I still feel compelled to eat everything
even when I'm no longer hungry and

Ice cream trucks you know the one’s that come down your street
playing tunes? They make me sad. I must have not gotten to get ice cream
from them as a child and

"Never put a hat on a bed"

It seems that during WWII families would put a fallen serviceman's headgear
on his bed for a year.

I still can't to this day stand to see a hat on a bed!!!

Of course there was my Fathers' aversion to Wintergreen lifesavers that I loved as a Kid.
It seems that they used a Wintergreen deodorant to cover the smell of the fallen soldiers he flew home from Korea across the Sea of Japan in C-47's...

Stop Laughing

I have no idea, never thought about this much, I tuned out almost everything my mother said, and almost everything my father did... I've gotten good at tuning out, it's the only way I stay sane at work hearing the same muzak hour after hour. I think I heard Stars and Stripes Forever practically forever on July 5th. Oh well, still beats Celine Dion.

kuulani

Winky said:
"Never put a hat on a bed"

It seems that during WWII families would put a fallen serviceman's headgear
on his bed for a year.

I still can't to this day stand to see a hat on a bed!!!

Of course there was my Fathers' aversion to Wintergreen lifesavers that I loved as a Kid.
It seems that they used a Wintergreen deodorant to cover the smell of the fallen soldiers he flew home from Korea across the Sea of Japan in C-47's...

Wow. I didn't know that.

MrBishop

"...and if your friends jumped off of a bridge..would you too?"
"Stop hitting your sister."
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything"
and
"Why are you so quiet?"
:lol2:

Professur

The truely scary thing is that your mom thought you were safe hanging out with me. Damn, how wrong can you get.

MrBishop

You faked it well :)
To this day, she still thinks that I had just gotten a stomach flu when I was caught passed out in French class after that trip to the park. You remeber the one...where you made that concoction out of your Da's liquor cabinet :D :drink: