Global Warming...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Jim Hansen - the man who first broke the warnings about the greenhouse effect in 1988 - says: "We are on the precipice of climate system tipping points beyond which there is no redemption."

This, folks, is a lie. If you doubt it, go rent the movie Soylent Green. Better yet, go and read the book.

"We have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we may have. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest."

Stephen Schneider

(leading advocate of the global warming theory)
(in interview for Discover magazine, Oct 1989)
:blank:

What is the last thing Heath Ledger was overheard saying. I'll take Celebrity Quotes for a thousand, Alex.

Maybe you can help me find what's supposed to be funny about that. I seem to be having a hard time laughing at the idea that someone who starts to think like me would "allegedly" off himself with sleeping pills.

Ink, we've been the butt of each others jokes for years, but this last couple of weeks, I've been feeling that you're getting very sensitive to anything I might say. Something you want to share with me? I can fire up MSN or Yahoo tonight and you can lay into me all you feel you need to. Or I can simply stop mentioning you at all. Your call. You let me know, m'kay?

Ink, we've been the butt of each others jokes for years, but this last couple of weeks, I've been feeling that you're getting very sensitive to anything I might say. Something you want to share with me? I can fire up MSN or Yahoo tonight and you can lay into me all you feel you need to. Or I can simply stop mentioning you at all. Your call. You let me know, m'kay?

Usually your stuff's funny... but the suicide thing just seems a little much. I'm not recalling off the top of my head anything else you've said that has irked me in the last few weeks.

Usually your stuff's funny... but the suicide thing just seems a little much. I'm not recalling off the top of my head anything else you've said that has irked me in the last few weeks.

Perhaps it's just me then. So let me apologize for sinking to an unacceptable low at your expense for the sake of a momentary chuckle and turn my back for the mounting of the obligatory 'Kick me" sign of shame.

Oh come on. Since when isn't a father of a small child dying something to joke about. You know if Professur's children lost one of their parents we'd all be laughing our ass off about it.

Hell no. The Gulf of Mexico, off ther California coast, Anwar, Texas...we have plenty. If only the enviroterrorists & their buddies in the Demoncrat party would stfu

Back