GM

one of the biggest financial problems GM is dealing with is their retired workers. its kind of like social security. there are now more retired workers drawing a pension than there are current workers. the only way i can see GM getting out of that hole is to re-negotiate the pensions, which aint gonna happen. add all the cut rate cars they've sold just to get them off the lots, their ongoing quality control issues and complete lack of style and i dont forsee a happy ending to GM's woes.
that article didnt give many details about the buyout. they are offering a severance package, but will the employees that take the offer be drawing a pension? if they are, then this is little more than a band-aid on an arterial bleed.

I'm sure they will. Union members have enough of an entitlement mentality that they will be forced to either live up to the pension deals in place or go through the courts to get out of them.

That being the case, I think you're right, Spot.

Since I work directly with GM workers I can tell you the number one thing I heard...

What about insurance?

MOrons...take the money & run.

you don't have to have half a brain to see the solution

close down the business

it is doomed anyway

open it next week across the street with non-Union workers

Americans can whip the crap out of anyone

but not while wearing shackles

Back