Goatburger for breakfast...

HeXp£Øi±

So i'm not much of a hunter but as you can imagine i know a lot of people who are. So a friend of mine who's a charter hunter brings a huge chuck of dall sheep(ram) over too my house and says here ya go. It's half-frozen and about 120lbs. I don't have the first clue what to do with a sheep(never had one). So i pack the thing downstairs to my basement and after cutting it into four smaller chucks with a handsaw I proceed to made about 60 steaks and a bunch of roast size pieces by running it through my delta bandsaw. When i was finished i swear it looked like i just finished massacring someone. Blood on the walls, tablesaw, bench, meat on the floor, my cloths are soaked in blood as well. But, i'm now having sheep for breakfast lunch and dinner. That evening i soaked some steaks in meat tenderizer and beat the hell out of them with a hammer and they were tasty but hard as rubber! So fuckit. I brought it all to the butchers tonight to have it ground. Eggs and goat sausage for breakfast in the morning baby! :D

Yup. Its all about as cooperative as bad venison. It just doesn't work as a steak. It almost always has to be ground up.

sheep or goat

a roasted goat is ok, but you gotta rub it down with lime, with some hot peppers.

or you can make jerked goat.

sheep....is just horrible, lol

Sheep is good so long as you haul it down to the local Indian restaurant and say ,'Curry this and simmer it out for about 10 hours.'

I could think of a few things you could have done with the sheep... if it were still alive. Your Prince Andrew in the Falkland Islands impression, perhaps. :D

personally, i would have paid someone else to do the dirty work for me....but around here that goes pretty cheap...don't you basically have to braise sheep anyway?

Inkara1 said:
I could think of a few things you could have done with the sheep... if it were still alive. Your Prince Andrew in the Falkland Islands impression, perhaps. :D

Oh Inky, you are one sick puppy. Not that we couldn't already tell by your avatar.

It wasn't too expensive to have it ground. Something like 50¢ a pound.
It'll definetely be worth it.

Oh and...what the hell is jerked goat?

HeXp£Øi± said:
Oh and...what the hell is jerked goat?

nothing dirty

(3 pound) leg of kid trimmed of fat and membranes
1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
1/2 cup chopped green onions
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 to 3 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeded, stemmed and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Place the goat in a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
In a blender or food processor, combine all the remaining ingredients and process to make a smooth paste. Pour into the bag with the goat, rubbing to coat evenly. Seal and refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove the goat from the bag and place in a roasting pan to come to room temperature. Roast until medium-rare, and an instant-read thermometer registers 145 to 150 degrees F, 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, turning once.

Hey that sounds pretty good. Is that kosher or ?? What kind of a recipe is it? I think i'll give it to my fiancee since she won't screw it up and i probably would. :D

HeXp£Øi± said:
Hey that sounds pretty good. Is that kosher or ?? What kind of a recipe is it? I think i'll give it to my fiancee since she won't screw it up and i probably would. :D

I don't think goat is kosher at all, but I'm not sure.

even if it was your wouldn't be, meat has to be killed in a certain way, by a rabbi, but that is fodder for another thread, if anyone is curious

but to make a REAL jerked meat, should be cooked over an open fire, if it availible.

Jerked meat (or chicken, or fish) is a jamacian dish, HOT AS HELL

Back