Going postal, again

rrfield

GOLETA, Calif. - A female ex-postal worker opened fire at a mail processing plant, killing six people and critically wounding another before committing suicide, authorities said early Tuesday.

Deputies responding to a call of shots fired about 9:15 p.m. Monday found two people dead outside the plant.

Two wounded women were located inside and were taken to Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. One died and the other was listed in critical condition early Tuesday with a gunshot wound to the head.

Link http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11107022/

:gun2:

unclehobart

Its been quite a while since the last full bore postal shooting.

I wonder what the excuse is?

depression?
picked on?
fired?
laid off?
jilted lover?
spat with a manager?
external troubles brought to work?
straw that broke the camels back?

Winky

icon10.gif

Winky

Never, and I sincerely hope that if I ever
inadvertently do
you'll be here to call me on it.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
/me pondering if she would have had time to reload had the Post Office of the United States of America not expressly & gravely prohibited handguns from their premises, in spite of guarantees.

Winky

yeah well that mighta saved half
her victims from death?

Anyplace that wants to have a trained
armed person in-house who can engage
an armed attacker should be allowed to
do so.

But then you’d run the risk of infringing
on the criminals right to work!

Inkara1

Christina's dad works for the post office in San Luis Obispo as the head mechanic. He was supposed to head to Goleta to get some parts, but didn't. Not sure why not, but I guess it's a good thing he didn't. However, the union meetings are down there too so he knows quite a few of the victims, I think.

Update: the critically injured person died, and they found one of the shooter's neighbors shot dead in her home.