Going to the big city

Do you mean Atlanta Sharky?

I paid my first visit there just a few weeks ago and the part we were visiting was very nice!

What's your trip about, buisness, pleasure or both?

Yep, Atlanta . . . Terminus . . . Marthasville . . . ATL . . . my old stompin' grounds (or south of, unless you include the North Georgia mountains in the Metro area. :D

Going up to see my Ma and some old friends. :cool:

Atlanta OTCers . . . I won't have time before I leave here to get any shrimp or fish, but if anyone wants Tupelo honey (the best freakin' honey in the world, and you can only get it here), I'm going to try to find some for my Ma - if you want any, let me know before Thursday.

Also, if anybody wants to get together in the Mayretta area Saturday night and hoist a pint, I'm gonna be in the Dallas/Villa Rica area Saturday afternoon. :shrug:

Going to the city

Foghat
Goin' to the city, got you on my mind
Country sure is pretty, I leave it all behind
This is my decision, I'm comin' home to stay this time
(Cause I'm a)

Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city

Breathin' all the clean air, sittin' in the sun
When I get my train fare, I'll get up and run
I'm heading for the city, evolution here I come
(Cause I'm a)

I ain't no country boy, I'm just a home-sick man
I'm gonna hit the brick just as fast as I can
I get off on Main Street, step into the crowd
Sidewalk under my feet, yeah, traffic's good and loud
When I see my inner-city, child, I'll be walkin' on a cloud
(Cause I'm a)

Wow, Gonz . . . that just dredged up a ton of great memories. I think I had that album on 8-track. :cool:

I remember going to a Hogfat concert in the Omni in Atlanta in 19sumthinorother *coff* *coff* ahem . . .

:nanabang:

Atlanta sucks

I am reminded once again why I moved away from that hellhole.

Wall-to-wall strip malls, shopping centers, apartment complexes, housing subdivisions with NO trees and the houses crammed in together ten feet from each other and ten feet from the street. Roadsides COVERED in litter. Yuck.

I was sitting at a traffic light watching this dude arguing with a woman on the sidewalk, and he hauled off and punched her in the face. Hard enough to make her stagger.

People drive as if there was a million dollar prize for getting there first. I was driving five miles over the speed limit and people were passing me as if I were sitting still. And DON'T YOU DARE get in their way. :rolleyes:

And this was all in Dallas, Ga. a suburb of Atlanta, swallowed up by the urban cancer.

I was so glad to get back home I wanted to kiss the ground as soon as I got out of my car.

Puss.

Ever been on the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) at 5pm in a thunderstorm in an 18-wheeler?

How about the Santa Monica/San Diego (I-5 & I-405) interchange anytime but 3am?

Atlantas just a big playground :D

San Diego fwy (I-405) is the N/S "coastal" freeway from Long Beach to (I never went past the Van Nuys exit). The Santa Monica fwy (I-10) starts in Florida.

I just noticed the mistake...not I-5.

Puss.

Ever been on the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway) at 5pm in a thunderstorm in an 18-wheeler?

How about the Santa Monica/San Diego (I-5 & I-405) interchange anytime but 3am?

Atlantas just a big playground :D

No, but I have run a 140 ft. crewboat up the Baptiste Collette Bayou from Venice, La. to Breton Sound in fog so thick you can't see the bow of the boat, at full speed, navigating solely by radar, having barely enough room to pass incoming traffic. Many times. If that doesn't induce the pucker factor, I don't know what will. :lloyd:

I'm just spoiled by rural living, I guess. :shrug:

Back