Gonz!

My thoughts are who is not firing their head coach? Bellichik is safe, so is Mora, Coughlin's good, so is Cowher....

Professur said:
sounds a little fishy to me.
:rolleyes: Silly Canucks.
The Tuna is Bill Parcels, the Dallas Cowboy's coach whom I love dearly (must be the penchant for Hawaiian shirts).

Inkara1 said:
What are your thoughts?

My first thought is what the hell was Al thinking in hiring him & my second is, what took so long?

In a way, though, I secretly wonder if Callahan was onto something with that "dumbest team in America" thing. I'd have to guess the team's biggest need is kicker, since Janikowski single-handedly lost a few games for Oakland.

My girlfriend went to school with Parcel's niece in NJ. She said that girl was a complete Biatch and that her Uncle is a dick... but then again, she is a huge Giants fan, so her view may be somewhat tainted...

Anyway, I am guessing Crennel is safe in Cleveland. Nobody could have expected them to win those 6 games...

Lovie Smith is safe in Chicago for a few years. Andy Reid get a pass this season. Fox in Carolina, Nolan in San Fran, Saban in Miami, Shanahan is safe forever it seems, and Del Rio should be safe also (though there are rumblings that he and ownership don't get along).

Inkara1 said:
In a way, though, I secretly wonder if Callahan was onto something with that "dumbest team in America" thing. I'd have to guess the team's biggest need is kicker, since Janikowski single-handedly lost a few games for Oakland.

Kickers don't lose games, but they can win them. Sebastian went 20/30 this year (30/30 in XP) 8 of 10 misses were over 40 yeards. :shrug:

But how many games were decided by fewer points than the missed FGs for that game would have covered? Besides, a first-round draft pick in the prime of his career should be better than 66 percent.

It's not like Janikowski's ever really been that good. He certainly didn't merit a first-round selection, considering how many misses he's had in his career and conidering that it looked like me hight get deported for a while there.

I should also mention that Janikowski's naionality has nothing to do with why I don't think he was worth a first-round draft pick. It's all about performance.

I was just kidding about the polish thing. An NFL kicker should be automatic from 40 and in, 75% or so 40-45, 50% beyond 45.

My teams kicker (Edinger) can't hit shit between 30 and 40, but nails the 50+ kicks almost every time. Perplexing.

Back