good eats

tonksy

anyone else watch this show? it fascinates me. alton brown, the host, gives you more scientific information about cooking than you ever thought you needed to know and he's kinda cute as well. i watch it almost everyday.

Channel? I'm guessing the Food Network? I've not seen it, but a good show with food and a cute host sounds like a must-see!

Rose said:
Channel? I'm guessing the Food Network? I've not seen it, but a good show with food and a cute host sounds like a must-see!
yeah food network :blush: but i must admit that my idea of cute is not everyone elses...alton isn't the hottest but he has a great sense of humor and i find him utterly adorable in a geeky sort of way.

:dreamyeyes: *sigh.....
anyway...he still is darn educational too...a little one the geeky side (the voice pattern :) ) and funny.

well I dont know about attractive... maybe if you like quirky geeky guys with thinning spikey hair.... but yeah i like that show a lot. the food channel is the only reason Im having a hard time getting rid of my extended cable set up. I dont really need any of the other channels beyond basic. And usually I drop down to basic around this time of year but eh I love being able to turn it on and watch really good cooks make really good food. although they need to bring back Mario. And put Iron Chef on at an earlier time. Those were/are my two favorites.

Thulsa Doom said:
well I dont know about attractive... maybe if you like quirky geeky guys with thinning spikey hair.... but yeah i like that show a lot. the food channel is the only reason Im having a hard time getting rid of my extended cable set up. I dont really need any of the other channels beyond basic. And usually I drop down to basic around this time of year but eh I love being able to turn it on and watch really good cooks make really good food. although they need to bring back Mario. And put Iron Chef on at an earlier time. Those were/are my two favorites.
i love mario batali...almost as much as alton. i could leave the foodnetwork on all the time :D

Iron Chef is probably one of the few cooking shows I'm unable to comprehend .I mean a dubbed over voice cooking show :eek5:

Yeah its that ridiculous cheesyness that just makes it so great. I mean the very concept. Its almost a joke. But its like a joke everyone is in on and treats seriously. And in the middle of it all you have all this great food being made. I prefer the Japanese shows to the new american versions. the american versions although state of the art are just missing a lot of the quirky character of the original.

hey tonks, i watched good eats last night because of you :D
i only caught the last half though.
it was the one he was barbecuing lamb :D

kuulani said:
hey tonks, i watched good eats last night because of you :D
i only caught the last half though.
it was the one he was barbecuing lamb :D
i watched that! did you see him make the smoker out of the hot plate, terra cotta planters, and a pan? he is awesome.

tonksy said:
i watched that! did you see him make the smoker out of the hot plate, terra cotta planters, and a pan? he is awesome.

I like 'W', personally...but Alton is a kitchen MacGuyver. ;)

tonksy said:
:D W is amusing.
most of the places where they film are local...*hopes to run into alton
'W' is more than amusing...she's a babe. ;) Try hanging around the produce department at a Kroger's. Just don't get caught playing with the zucchini, okay? :D

Back