Good morning from soggy East Texas

TexasRaceLady

I think the sun is up --- have had over an inch of rain since 8 last night and more on the way.

The new computer is in the house and running! I can't believe the speed --- even on dialup it is fast --- but, anything is fast compared to the old box. LOL

XP is going to get my goat for a while. Everything looks different and is labeled somewhat differently. And boy, that right click business can get you in trouble. LOL

Hope everyone has a great day. Hope you have sunshine wherever you are. :)

Hasn't rained here in eight days and it'll probably be next Friday before we see any. That ain't good around these parts.

XP isn't bad, but it does take some getting used to. You can make it look like 98 or 2000 more or less if you want to, you know. It's looking like you should be thankful you don't have Vista though.

I'd take some of that rain...next Tuesday. They're pouring my concrete porches today (or damn well better be...) and we are way overdue for some sittin on the porch drinkin lemonade and starin at the mountain time. Taking tomorrow to clean out the barn, another way overdue task.

SN'P --- I sympathize and empathize with your overdue tasks --- we've had on and off rain for over a week. The ground is just too soggy to run the tractor or the mower --- the pasture is beginning to laugh at me.

We can't get down to the bottom of the hill to clean out some fallen trees because the backhoe would sink to the frame.

chcr, I tried changing the look, but it just didn't feel right, so I'm going to get used to this come hell or high water.

tonks, believe me, if I could send this rain to you, I would. Of course, come August, I'd want it back. :)

My local computer guru built me a hell of a machine. I've now joined the 21st century --- have a remote mouse! ROTFL

chcr, I tried changing the look, but it just didn't feel right, so I'm going to get used to this come hell or high water.
I had to do it for work. Of course it doesn't look much like KDE which is my window manager of choice in Linux either. ;)

My local computer guru built me a hell of a machine. I've now joined the 21st century --- have a remote mouse! ROTFL
Do you mean a cordless mouse? ;)

Dara has had a Logitech cordless desktop for years and loves it. I don't really see the need for a cordless keyboard myself. I never move mine. I use a trackball instead of a mouse too, so the cord for that isn't an issue either.

No, the little mouse that lives in the wall. He's hiding from the noise all the fans in that beast are making.

Yes, I mean a cordless mouse. As I said, I've just joined the 21st century ROTFL

LOL@Prof --- sweetie, this beast is so quiet I have to check to see if the little light is still on. :)

And wonder of all wonders, the speaker system that went with the old box, works on the new one!

Just got the order sent for the satellite hookup. :) :)

What's your holiday, Auntie? This weekend is Memorial day. I made reference to it in the feedback I left all my ebay buyers today....in hopes they remember shipping will take a tad longer.

Dara has had a Logitech cordless desktop for years and loves it. I don't really see the need for a cordless keyboard myself. I never move mine. I use a trackball instead of a mouse too, so the cord for that isn't an issue either.

It lets you put the keyboard on your lap if you want, and gives you more flexibility in setting uo your desk.

Back