Good way to BS..

PostCode

Major contributor!
Today I had to jet across the street to configure another router in the radio stations network. The current one finally died. Anyway, the newer router was a newer model of the same old one. Sooo, the "technician" over there felt he needed to follow me around to watch my every move. I thought he would get the hint when I abrubtly stopped mid step and he ran into my back. I figured that when his bottom teeth collided with his top teeth then he'd walk away.

No dice....damn.

Revert to plan two. When someone you know has absolutely no idea about what your doing, especially if it's rather technical, start sounding really, really technical, even if you have to start saying shit you don't even know. I got him off my back in about 15 seconds after he asked me what an IP address was and worked. I started rambling on about the three classes of IP addresses and how the subnet mask had to be within a certain range in order to pass through the designated gateway or the IP would have to be redesigned an IPV6 IP because the Gateway's 64-bit translation process would then interpet the IP as four seperate 8-bit....

Bingo. The dude walked out saying something about it being to complex.

Hell, I was starting to dig a miracle outta my ass trying not to back track over myself. hehe

I knew it was pure BS, but I knew he had no interest in it and I didn't feel like really explaining what IP address were and did either.

:elaugh1:
something I would do-LMAO Just totally loose them in conversation,Haaaaaaaaaa.......

I've never tried it with a computer, but when I used to tune motorcycles I would on occasion refer to the "gonkulator" or "gonkulator valve." If you were a Hogan's Heroes fan, you might remember this one.

tonks said:
and if that doesn't work, smile really sweetly and flash the cleavage.

That may work for a woman, but when it comes to a man, doing any flashing usually results in an extended visit behind round metal bars.

I like this story. Reminds me of my Englishl class. Where I don't know the material, so I BS my way through it...I got an A [[giggles]]

Back