Goodbye

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you don't have cable, you don't get MNF.

Hasta la Vista, you'll be back.

mnf.jpg

I think it's great! Now I won't have to change the channel to watch the game....although I do find myself wondering if they'll still have the nifty little "are you ready for some football?" lead-ins.

tonksy said:
I think it's great! Now I won't have to change the channel to watch the game....although I do find myself wondering if they'll still have the nifty little "are you ready for some football?" lead-ins.

It depends on Hank, Jr. and ABC. Some of that might be copyrighted, so...if you didn't record the opening to CD, you'll have to wait for ESPN to come up with something catchy.

Gato_Solo said:
It depends on Hank, Jr. and ABC. Some of that might be copyrighted, so...if you didn't record the opening to CD, you'll have to wait for ESPN to come up with something catchy.
I could care less for the song, it's the intro skits I like!

I somehow can't help thinking that with MNF going to an all-sports (theoretically) network, some of the "entertainment glitz" such as Hank and that stupid Tim McGraw will go by the wayside. ABC competes with NBC and CBS audiences...ESPN don't need some Nashville denizen in ill-fitting denim to sell their programming to their audience.

Now, we may get stuck with more Stuart Scott blabbering, or another dose of Chris Berman in its place, but IMO that's better than "I like it, I love it, I want some mo' of it" being thrust upon me during a football game.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I somehow can't help thinking that with MNF going to an all-sports (theoretically) network, some of the "entertainment glitz" such as Hank and that stupid Tim McGraw will go by the wayside. ABC competes with NBC and CBS audiences...ESPN don't need some Nashville denizen in ill-fitting denim to sell their programming to their audience.

Now, we may get stuck with more Stuart Scott blabbering, or another dose of Chris Berman in its place, but IMO that's better than "I like it, I love it, I want some mo' of it" being thrust upon me during a football game.
:clap: I concur...although I don't mind the ill-fitting denim.
I believe i will miss John Madden though. He will not be following the game to ESPN.

SouthernN'Proud said:

Ug, Berman wore out his welcome about 10 years ago. Stu Scott about 5. I hope to God they don't put McGwire, Theisman and Mike Patrick on MNF. They are the worst announcing crew the NFL has right now. Worse than either Baldinger.

I like Berman. I'm also hoping that michael Irvin, TJ, and Jaws are hosts. I find Chris mortensen dry as toast.

I'm still trying to figure out why they decided to move MNF to ESPN, since they're owned by the same company. If it were a different company and they outbid them, then I could understand it.

Raitings have been down, maybe they figure they can get equal or similar raitings on ESPN (probably true), which would free up ABC for something else. ESPN's raitings during MNF are dismal I'm sure. I'm sure they will fill the time slot with quality prime-time programming.

rrfield said:
Raitings have been down, maybe they figure they can get equal or similar raitings on ESPN (probably true), which would free up ABC for something else. ESPN's raitings during MNF are dismal I'm sure. I'm sure they will fill the time slot with quality prime-time programming.
Yeah, ESPN usually goes to figure skating during MNF. Mayhaps they swap the 2 in hopes that Grannies everywhere will tune in to ABC watch that.

I'd say it was to free up ABC to air some shit like Survivor or Desperate Housewhores or whatever network TV is currently polluting the collective mind with.

SouthernN'Proud said:
I'd say it was to free up ABC to air some shit like Survivor or Desperate Housewhores or whatever network TV is currently polluting the collective mind with.
How about desperate housewives learning to iceskate with celebrities while stranded on a deserted isle?
Makes you kinda like Chris Berman again, eh rrfield?

Back