Google ads removed

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Google AdSense has terminated my account with the standard canned explanation of "we think your account has the potential to generate invalid activity."

Therefore, I have removed these ads from the site.

At this time, I can't think of any other way to bring in revenue for the site, so nothing will go in its place. Doesn't really matter, the amount Google paid out was insignificant compared to hosting cost anyway.

If you'd like to read a quick rant (some strong language) and see exactly what they sent me, Google AdSense is bullshit

:beerbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well, damn. What, exactly, is "invalid activity" & why is "potential" more important than "does"?

catocom

lol, in reality is is google that "has the potential to generate invalid activity".

They got it backward.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If I wanted, I could fish around for their definition of it, but it doesn't mean that's what happened (or would happen) anyway. It's basically the Google AdSense cop-out. They don't want to answer with a real reason because they don't have one. Their silly veil of protecting advertiser's interests is utter bullshit. There are a lot of sites that are truly gaming the system, doing a lot more damage to the advertisers than any supposed invalid activity that could ever happen here.

I suppose if I wanted to join in on the fun, I could be making thousands from Google AdSense on my spammy content farm site too, but then that damned conscience of mine would be eating away at me.

ResearchMonkey

That sux, I've seen this happen a number of times the last few years. Google standing up for the little guy.
borg.gif

valkyrie

Love this: "re-reviewing". Is that even a word?

Would love to know what "invalid activity" means or why they chose to dump on you, fury.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
That makes two of us.

And still I wonder how the dishonest folks continue to game the system unimpeded.

Perhaps it's just persistence. They can probably start another AdSense account right after they lose one with some of their black hat tricks. I had this same thing happen to me a few years ago too (the same canned "invalid activity" shit), and when I tried to start another one shortly after, they flagged it right off the bat. I had to wait several months before starting this one. And it ended the same way

I had to have a chuckle a few months back when YouTube emailed me and offered for me to turn on revenue sharing in a couple of my videos since they had more than 10,000 views. Apparently the YouTube AdSense and Google AdSense departments don't talk to each other, YouTube don't know that my name is mud...