got a new switch

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
for work.
Cisco 3550 catalyst with 48 ports and 2 gig abyte ports. very nice.

Attachments

• cisco 3550.jpg
    cisco 3550.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 16
ooooh, I like that one.
I'm about to have to get an old style Digi 16 port serial/rj45 box for a customer, to expand,
Got to go with Digi, because of the proprietary crap software,
man I dread it.

ooooh, I like that one.
I'm about to have to get an old style Digi 16 port serial/rj45 box for a customer, to expand,
Got to go with Digi, because of the proprietary crap software,
man I dread it.
I used to run our whole WAN no those. Now I'm just running the local dumb terminals and system serial printers on them. I have three running right now. They aren't that bad to deal with, you just have to remember that they're a serial interface.
Cool switch, Sam. We aren't big enough to need one yet, and since I'm outta there pretty soon, I guess I won't need to learn how to configure one. :)

We have a 3550 as well, pretty good switch, no problems so far. Did you get the EMI or SMI sofware package?

rrfield

SMI. gonna be getting 3 more but not with as many ports. this one was kinda overkill.

samcurry said:
SMI. gonna be getting 3 more but not with as many ports. this one was kinda overkill.

We are going to be getting two 3750G-24TS-E switches, 24 10/100/1000 RJ45 ports, 4 GBIC slots in addition to the 3550 we have. Probably after the first of the year. Rock n Roll.

rrfield

Back