Great Moments In English Cuisine

Jeslek

Banned
Great Moments In English Cuisine

1875 -- first Fish 'n' Chips restaurant opens. A century later, the menu expands to include fish 'n' chips with vinegar, fish 'n' chips with ketchup and fish 'n' chips with cole slaw.

1935 -- English ship sinks off the coast of Norway. Crew use stock of mincemeat pies stored onboard to float back to safety.

1951 -- Scientists at Cambridge University introduce first lacrosse ball made entirely from black pudding.

1957 -- words 'English' and 'cuisine' appear together in same sentence for the first time.

1966 -- Yorkshire pudding cooked by woman in Leicester appears to take the form of then Prime Minister Harold Wilson.

1985 -- beer declared essential food group.

1989 -- first case of vegetables served less than 15 minutes overcooked.

1993 -- Kent woman discovers that spices located in kitchen spice rack can be used in cooking.

1997 -- archaeologists find biscuit used as ammunition during The Battle of Northhampton in 1460 (unscathed).

2001 -- allegations emerge that Saddam Hussein may have tested English recipes on his people.

:rofl2:

mwehehehehe :D

i like my food flavourless and preferably boiled so much it is almost unrecognisable :D :D

:confused: :confused:

English cuisine is great! I can guarantee that every english meal covers all the major food groups :)

Sugar
Starch
Fat
Unidentifiable black crunchy bits!

Wot more does a body need? ;)

Back