Great Moments In Male Housekeeping

Jeslek

Banned
Great Moments In Male Housekeeping

500 B.C. -- first carpets are made in Persia, thereby paving the way for centuries of men to sweep things under them.

May 20, 1873 -- Levi Strauss creates first pair of blue jeans. Six weeks later man decides to wash and then iron them. Cut-off jeans are invented.

January 16, 1888 -- 7:55 p.m. becomes official time for men to take out the garbage so that their wives/girlfriends will say: “Well, I guess I'll do the dishes tonight.”

June 17, 1946 -- Willem de Kooning messes up the job of painting his living room wall. Abstract Expressionism is born.

March 1, 1963 -- Yakima, Washington's Bob Johnson mixes whites with colors while doing laundry; inadvertently invents the tie-dye shirt; becomes multi-millionaire.

December 24, 1971 -- Wolfgang Schmidt, a professor at Caltech, finds the exact point at which a man must kick the floor in order to bring a small nearby table holding his Budweiser closer to his outstretched hand so he can continue watching a football game without getting up.

August 3, 1980 -- George Black, a resident of Winnepeg, Manitoba attaches lawnmower to son's tether ball pole, returns to reading newspaper.

November 19, 1985 -- Albert Szabo discovers that empty toilet paper rolls in his Wichita, Kansas home can be thrown away.

February 29, 1988 -- Seattle-resident Ted Hanson solves problem of large stack of newspapers cluttering up living room: he starts another stack.

July 7, 1990 -- Roger Sprague, 51, of Macon, Georgia, finds out he will be able to send all three of his children to college after locating thousands of dollars worth of coins in the spaces between sofa cushions.

:D

LastLegionary said:
January 16, 1888 -- 7:55 p.m. becomes official time for men to take out the garbage so that their wives/girlfriends will say: ?Well, I guess I'll do the dishes tonight.?

That's old, she can do both ;)

June 17, 1946 -- Willem de Kooning messes up the job of painting his living room wall. Abstract Expressionism is born.

There's a lot of it about! :D

Never ask a man to do a womans job. ;)

Aunty Em said:

There's a lot of it about! :D

Never ask a man to do a womans job. ;)
Then please stop asking us to wash the dishes, do laundry, iron, take the trash out, and do anything but have sex, drink, and watch TV....

:p

Listen dear, if he ain't here at dinner time he don't get fed, if there's no clean dishes I just wash some up for me, if he leaves his clothes on the floor that's where they stay usually kicked in a dark corner by me, if he don't take out the trash in the can it goes out in his pockets, if he wants sex and I'm tired the lazy bastard can F**k off!, and if he takes my remote or beer he's dead! :D :p

I don't NEED to ask if he knows what's best for him. A womans work is not to be a slave to some lazy git. ;)

Aunty Em said:
Listen dear, if he ain't here at dinner time he don't get fed, if there's no clean dishes I just wash some up for me, if he leaves his clothes on the floor that's where they stay usually kicked in a dark corner by me, if he don't take out the trash in the can it goes out in his pockets, if he wants sex and I'm tired the lazy bastard can F**k off!, and if he takes my remote or beer he's dead! :D :p

I don't NEED to ask if he knows what's best for him. A womans work is not to be a slave to some lazy git. ;)

Yes Dear. Sorry Dear.

I have no objection to sharing the housework but I'll be damned if I ever run around like some servant after a man. If I'm working and he's working, if you make the mess, you clear it up. :)

My ex soon got the message... In fact he's gets really pissed off with the mess his lodger makes.... :D

Aunty Em said:
I have no objection to sharing the housework but I'll be damned if I ever run around like some servant after a man. If I'm working and he's working, if you make the mess, you clear it up. :)

That sounds fair. Although i think if somebody don't work he/she should clear the mess.

Luis G said:
Aunty Em said:

That sounds fair. Although i think if somebody don't work he/she should clear the mess.

Exactly my thoughts. But it's shocking how many men my age over here seem to think that if their wives work full-time they should still do all the housework on their own. :( I think things are improving with the younger generation though. :)

Aunty Em said:
Luis G said:
Aunty Em said:

Exactly my thoughts. But it's shocking how many men my age over here seem to think that if their wives work full-time they should still do all the housework on their own. :( I think things are improving with the younger generation though. :)

That's not just over there, that is here in the US too, especially the country types. Still the good ole boys whose jobs are to get drunk and their wives will take care of everything else.

Back