GT4

Dave

got my copy today. put a deposit down over a year ago and they finally released it. its going to be worth the wait.

the graphics are every bit as good as the early reviews were saying. the detail is quite impressive. when watching the replays, you can see the reflections on the cars changing as they go around the track and as the lighting and background changes. the detail of the courses is remarkable. some of the races have spectators on the side of the road and some of them are animated. very limited animation, but animated nonetheless. GT3 seemed to have a limited number of settings as far as how the cars respond and feel. the new vrsion does a much better job of relaying a different feel for each car. two of the qualifying races were with a BMW Z4. one with traction control and one without and you can tell the difference in the way the car responds.

noted a couple of nice changes. one being that you can reset each race series and re-win a car to sell and it doesnt affect your standings. can also take "photos" of the cars. apparently there are some Epson printers that you can use to print a copy directly from the save game card. (havent read how yet but it was mentioned during the set-up)

price is a bit higher than normal at $59.99, but i doubt they will have trouble moving units.

I'd like to hear if the Artificial Intel really was tweaked as good as they claim. I grew weary of racing lifeless drones.

How many license levels are there?

How many tracks? Laguna Seca still there?

Any new automotive tweaks over the prior versions? (such as port and polish, computer chip, suspension)

Explain this 'standings' you spoke of. The prior games really had no such ranking system other than the number of days in the game you were. Is there an actual standings system akin to most modern sports?

Is it possible to damage your car yet?

How many uber races are there? (those 3 hour + jobs)

How many license levels are there?
5. same classsifications as previous versions. can transfer at least the first 2 licenses from GT3.they are tough, but not as annoying as GT3 and you get a car for finishing them.

How many tracks? Laguna Seca still there?
alot. quite a few new ones like road race courses in Hong kong and New York as well as a rally course at the Grand Canyon. yes, Laguna Seca is still there.
there are more rally races than previous versions as well as a section for ice/snow racing.

Any new automotive tweaks over the prior versions? (such as port and polish, computer chip, suspension)
they added NO2 to factory tweaks. also added some aftermarket products. more tire selection too. otherwise its the same. one review i read said the tweaks didnt give the same numbers across the car spectrum. some has more advantages over others, but i havent seriously tweaked any cars just yet.

Explain this 'standings' you spoke of. The prior games really had no such ranking system other than the number of days in the game you were. Is there an actual standings system akin to most modern sports?
you get a certain number of points for winning races. not 100% certain what that is about as i havent read the instruction booklet yet.

Is it possible to damage your car yet?
unfortunately, no.

How many uber races are there? (those 3 hour + jobs)
i'll get back to you on that. havent checked those out just yet.

I'd like to hear if the Artificial Intel really was tweaked as good as they claim. I grew weary of racing lifeless drones.
i've only raced the lower levels so far and the car i have to start is overpowered for those races. (you can transfer GT3 credits) it is tougher to get around the cars than before and they will come back and bump you if you bump them.

Back