guardian angels

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Looks like th Guardian angels want to start up in Toronto. Now we don't live there, but it is close, what are your views on these guys, I know nothing about them, on the news they seem ok enough, non-violent (they will not be armed at least in Canada.

Seems like no-one wants to talk to them, are they more a hingerance than a help?

again non-armed, so this is not a gun thread.

I would have to say that if crime on the public transportation systems is a problem, they should help. I've never seen them personally, but from everything I've heard they're a pretty good deterent.

PT said:
I would have to say that if crime on the public transportation systems is a problem, they should help. I've never seen them personally, but from everything I've heard they're a pretty good deterent.
:wstupid:

Absolutely, They aren't meant to stop and chase down violent crimes in progress as a vigilante group. They are meant to be watchers to make sure that the more mid-range and petty criminals don't have the ability to strike. They work when there are no witnesses or when there is noone around strong enough to resist them. Little old ladies purses get snatched less often. Individuals need not be alone in areas where a rapist or mugger might find easy prey.

I was listening to Curtis Sliwa on the radio again this morning, and he mentioned something about being officially tossed out of Canada as of midnight Monday. He thinks it has something to do with either an old admission of his having lied about being attacked (held at gunpoint?) years ago, presumably for publicity, or some accusation of his having beaten his ex-wife, Lisa Evers. Does this woman look like she lets anyone push her around? :rolleyes:

Back