guess i'm not...

...or hanging out in the correct places. You're old enough to drink alcohol. Why the interest in marijuana, which is illegal?

They show southern Louisiana as having almost nil pot usage. The study must be flawed. Everyone smoked it down there... I mean everyone. I thought I was in a roving Greatful Dead entourage. The probably only asked old ladies in church.

Superimpose the 'blue' states election returns
over the areas of highest pot usage and voila'
Liberals are all stoned out stinky-assed hippies.

tain’t nuthin’ we didn’t already know any old how

Didja ever notice...all the bad crap the fuddy-duddy 50's parents said would happen if Rock n Roll was allowed to remain a music style, did.

Well then things should be looking up real soon
cuz Lord knows "Rock" is ded as a doornail.

Some would say for quite sometime?

It's beyond dead. It's already putrefying in its own rot & the stench is overwhelming. Dust to dust.

Winky said:
Superimpose the 'blue' states election returns
over the areas of highest pot usage and voila'
Liberals are all stoned out stinky-assed hippies.

tain’t nuthin’ we didn’t already know any old how

:rofl:

Now, if you'll please explain to me how it's all Bill Clinton's fault my day will be complete.

:rofl:

Gonz said:
Didja ever notice...all the bad crap the fuddy-duddy 50's parents said would happen if Rock n Roll was allowed to remain a music style, did.

Does the phrase "another fuddy-duddy" leap to anyone elses mind when they read that. :lol:

link
"According to the Pew Center, the less you like to fly the American flag, the more likely it is you are Democrat. The more you think hard work and personal initiative aren't the ticket to the good life, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. The more you believe the United Nations is a better steward of international relations, while America is a negative actor on the world stage, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. The more you believe that the government is there to help, the more likely it is you are Democrat. The less seriously you take religion, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. Flip all of these values around and the more likely it is you are a Republican - or that you vote that way.

Of course, I'm speaking in terms of statistical generalities. Obviously, there are a great many flag-waving, God-fearing, government-mistrusting, U.N.-hating Democrats out there. But they are the exceptions to the rule."

Gonz said:
It's beyond dead. It's already putrefying in its own rot & the stench is overwhelming. Dust to dust.
BTW, blues. Where it came from, where it's going. ;)

Yep.

Did you ever listen to the compilation...The Slide Guitar Bottles, Knives & Steel? Great stuff

Winky said:
link
"According to the Pew Center, the less you like to fly the American flag, the more likely it is you are Democrat. The more you think hard work and personal initiative aren't the ticket to the good life, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. The more you believe the United Nations is a better steward of international relations, while America is a negative actor on the world stage, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. The more you believe that the government is there to help, the more likely it is you are Democrat. The less seriously you take religion, the more likely you are to be a Democrat. Flip all of these values around and the more likely it is you are a Republican - or that you vote that way.

Of course, I'm speaking in terms of statistical generalities. Obviously, there are a great many flag-waving, God-fearing, government-mistrusting, U.N.-hating Democrats out there. But they are the exceptions to the rule."

Now Winky that is a funny website :D I especially like how it reads like Nazi propaganda about the Jews.

Some other stuff that made me laugh:

For many generations after the American Revolution, the idea of emulating European politics was nigh upon heresy. It wasn't until Woodrow Wilson, who encouraged Americans to see themselves as citizens of the world, that borrowing ideas from the continent became fully politically acceptable. Prior to Wilson, writes Richard Hofstadter

Slightly unfortunate name for an anti european rant

We've seen this before. At the time of our nation's founding, there were a bunch of Americans who clung to European values

Didn't they write the constitution and create the USA

They look askance - these days - on patriotic sentiment (hence the rush to form a new European nation).

Although we used to sing to flags, but we stopped as people look at you funny.

Actually that website is shocking

Lopan said:
Actually that website is shocking

and what may come as even a greater shock
to you is the tens of millions of Americans that
adhere to many of the tenets espoused by that site

Winky said:
and what may come as even a greater shock
to you is the tens of millions of Americans that
adhere to many of the tenets espoused by that site

It wouldn't worry me as much if the country in question didn't have 30,000 nuclear weapons and a hair trigger response.

Hair trigger? Two weapons used in 50 years does not a hair trigger make.

Lopan said:
Didn't they write the constitution and create the USA

No. The writers/creators left Europe in disgust & became Americans by default.

Back