Hair Dying

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Anyone here who has ever dyed your hair...you know how you are suppose to wait about 24hours to wash your hair? Have you ever had it happen that when you washed it there was still hair dye? I washed mine this morning after dying it Monday night (obviously I rinsed it and conditioned it Monday night) and when I got dressed my hair was still wet and my offwhite shirt got wet but the water was tinted red...I rinsed it SO long on Monday night and washed it with shampoo today. Why is there still dye in it? :retard4:

*hehe* Sometimes it just happens. :shrug: I usually rince dye at least two showers after dying my hair, though I don't dye it often. It might have to do with the brand you used and whether or not it was permenant (level 3). What brand do you use, outta curiosity, and do you like it?

It's the first brand in the Wal-mart aisle...I can't remember what it is. I'll look at the box when I go home :)

Yes, I like it. I used the same brand (though a different line) last time too.

It's permenant

:D You must shop like I do, Nixy!! *hehe*

When choosing hair dye, though, I'm attracted to the boxes that have something free attached - like lipstick or mascara. I usually never wear either, but I like it. :D Oooh, and I think creams are much easier to use and give a better consistency.

Though, I don't dye my hair often, honest.

It's all about the creams :D

I have never seen free stuff on hair dye :(

:eek: Never seen free stuff? :( The lipsticks are usually weird colors, but sometimes they have good stuff. I'm an impulse buyer, though, which isn't good. And supposedly "Freebies" get me everytime.

i found my favorite brand of mascara (full'n'soft.. i forgot who makes it, tho.. might be maybelline)
on a hairdye box!!

lol, the other day, i mentioned dyeing my hair to my boyfriend, and he said, "you dye your hair?"

LOL!!

Yeah I highlighted mine red then washed it with conditioner and it went a sort of flameburst red=>orange fade, lol. I crapped myself when it changed colour but it turned out alright in the end.

MuFu.

My hair has gotten darker the older I get and I wanted to get it as light red as it used to be like in this picture: (Mufu's favorite ;)) : http://64.235.243.47/forum/gallery.php?s=&action=full&photoid=250

So I bought Nice N' Easy's "strawberry blond". Followed all the instructions, left it on for 45 minutes, it made no difference whatsoever.

Then I tried more coloring over the next year or so... copper red, dark blond, medium blond, light blond... All to no avail.

Finally, I went Ultra Light Blond and it finally made a dent, it was lighter. But not as light as I wanted. So I colored it again, using some kind of Super Blond by Loreal and it did the trick. I just colored it again last week and it looks great-I'm even lighter than that picture.

I've never had dye residue but after I dye it now, I get in the shower, rinse, condition, rinse again, continue with my shower, then I shampoo, rinse, shampoo again, rinse again, condition again, rinse again and then put Infusium leave-in conditioner in it. After all that rinsing, that dye has no chance of staying. :D

I rised for like 30min :(

I am showering again when I get home tonight though before I go out. That dye is gonna be GONE!

I am just glad my favourite shirt was in the wash this morning and I couldn't put it on!

greenfreak said:
I've never had dye residue but after I dye it now, I get in the shower, rinse, condition, rinse again, continue with my shower, then I shampoo, rinse, shampoo again, rinse again, condition again, rinse again and then put Infusium leave-in conditioner in it. After all that rinsing, that dye has no chance of staying. :D

good grief!

I use Infusium on my hair now that it's getting longer, that's some good stuff.

My hair is a dirty blonde/Brown. I did try dying it about ten years ago when I had it real short, going for a light blond color, and all it did was turned it red. I used three different dyes on it and it just turned this light red color. Haven't done anything like that to it since.

I cant get it done yet at my present job because it is against the dress code. But If I could it would either be raven black or white fading through to blue a la Noodles from the 'Spring

PT, they say if you have any red highlights, that's bound to happen. Now, there are worse colors your hair could be besides red ;) but I know what you mean; that "obviously dyed" red hair isn't good.

Infusium is good stuff. I bought a regular clear spray bottle and put some in there for after showering to spray on. Rusty saw it one day but because he thought it was plain water and then saw it was all cloudy, he emptied it down the drain. I explained that it wasn't scummy water and it's *supposed* to look like that and he never did it again. :D

LOL, yeah, that was the only thing that annoyed me was the bottle it came in. Just a regular nozzle, now who is going to put it on like that. Picked up a .99 spray bottle at walmart and it's working fine. I told the wife what I was doing though, so i don't have to worry about her dumping it.

:rofl4: @ moof

I aint ever done it before. Is it best to get it done professionally first time around?

Back