Halloween costumes

kuulani

So ... what's the costume trend this year?

I gave my 5-yo daughter a choice between wearing her kimono that I bought in Japan or being one of the grasses from Lion King (I sooo had a plan going on how to achieve this costume - it would've rocked!):

Disney-2003-Lion-King-04sm.jpg

My daughter opted for the kimono ... she actually wants to be some sort of kimono-wearing karate girly - at least she's out of the princess stage :D

My son has no opinion. I'll probably dress him up as a cowboy or something that we can use as school clothes the rest of the year.

Altron

We're doing matching costumes.

Back at circuit, I used to wear dark grey pants, black shoes, my red polo, a pair of very worn work gloves, a nametag, and a big yellow safety harness (which I believe has been discussed on the forums before)

I'm visiting my parents next weekend, and I'm going to bring up khakis, a pair of nametags for us, a pair of safety harnesses, and an extra set of work gloves. She has a red polo already. It's plain red so it's not as good though. Maybe I can talk my way into getting an official one for her though.

Back when I first started in the warehouse, I sharpie'd in "MAVERICK" on my safety harness. Does anyone remember the name of the Tom Cruise's girlfriend in Top Gun so I can write it on her harness?

edit - yes, and visual evidence will probably make its way to the bomb shelter

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Uh, how exactly do you plan to get the harnesses? You think they're just gonna let you take them? Those things ain't cheap...the harness you had at the time is probably being used by someone else now.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Hmmm...I'm thinking a loincloth made of cookware and calling myself 'Peter Pan'...NAAAHHH...:devious:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have some devil horns on a headband and a pin on tail...I will wear them when I give out treats...I have a little cape for my dog...she is going to be a witch.

Gato_Solo

I have some devil horns on a headband and a pin on tail...I will wear them when I give out treats...I have a little cape for my dog...she is going to be a witch.

A better costume would be no collar, and no cape. You could call her a bitch. :shrug:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
How would a collar or lack thereof contribute to her being a bitch?

Oh, and she can't be a bitch because she no longer has a gender...

I prefer if she's a witch.

Gato_Solo

How would a collar or lack thereof contribute to her being a bitch?

Oh, and she can't be a bitch because she no longer has a gender...

I prefer if she's a witch.

She has a gender. Just can't use it, per se...:p The no-collar thing was to denote a bit of wildness. ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Avery wanted to be the peanut-butter-jelly-time-banana but I managed to use a really cool sword to sway him into being a much easier pirate. We found a headband with dreadlocks which is really cool. :D Riley's gonna be a knight. I think it's his last year.

unclehobart

We're doing matching costumes.

Back at circuit, I used to wear dark grey pants, black shoes, my red polo, a pair of very worn work gloves, a nametag, and a big yellow safety harness (which I believe has been discussed on the forums before)

I'm visiting my parents next weekend, and I'm going to bring up khakis, a pair of nametags for us, a pair of safety harnesses, and an extra set of work gloves. She has a red polo already. It's plain red so it's not as good though. Maybe I can talk my way into getting an official one for her though.

Back when I first started in the warehouse, I sharpie'd in "MAVERICK" on my safety harness. Does anyone remember the name of the Tom Cruise's girlfriend in Top Gun so I can write it on her harness?

edit - yes, and visual evidence will probably make its way to the bomb shelter
Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood (Kelly McGillis).

Altron

Uh, how exactly do you plan to get the harnesses? You think they're just gonna let you take them? Those things ain't cheap...the harness you had at the time is probably being used by someone else now.

I already ran it past my supervisor and he said it's fine.