Handwriting

Being left handed, I had the hardest time learning how to write like the school wanted me to. I kept smuding words and spiral bound notebooks hurt like hell.

I came up with my own style, a mix of cursive and print, and I write from below, not from the side.

My letters don't look like those at all.

I thought about doing that as well. It would be interesting to see what all of our different handwriting styles would look like.

Since LastLegionary is looking to take a handwriting analysis class, should we pick a uniform statement to write? This would give us all a baseline to compare by.

I was taught something similar to that, but with a heck of a lot more loops.

I'm right handed, but came up with something like is describing.

If you have a scanner or digital camera, write the following and post it here, or email me at [email protected] :)

The quick red fox jumps over the lazy brown dog.

EDIT: Shutup lol, stupid typos

Ok, here's mine. I like to write with a calligraphy pen and blue ink is my favorite to write with.

I also included my signature. Supposedly you can tell a lot about a person by their signature.

this should do it...i hope

edit: looking at this, it didn't quite turn out like i had hoped. i'll try to redo it later. i never used paint shop pro before and i've had a bit to drink already ;)

Attachment(s):

hand1.png, 88.56kb

hand1.png

I rarely write in cursive, normally I print in all caps, but that is the exact way I learned to write in cursive.

I don't write in cursive because it's too sloppy for even me to understand:(. But, I don't remember ever writing my upper-case 'Q''s in that fashion. But, yes for the other letters.

i have woeful handwriting, i don't even have a particularly nice print-hand for lettering (

i usually write in a sort of print, all caps. it's quite stylised [like many in architecture] and can be a pain to read back.

i try to avoid regular script, most of the time i can't read it back properly to myself. here is how bad it is

Attachment(s):

riswrite.jpg, 13.29kb

riswrite.jpg

ris, dude, that handwriting....

/grabs his glasses and cryptography encylopedia

lol. Funky way of making an r.

Originally posted by ris
i have woeful handwriting, i don't even have a particularly nice print-hand for lettering :(

i usually write in a sort of print, all caps. it's quite stylised [like many in architecture] and can be a pain to read back.

i try to avoid regular script, most of the time i can't read it back properly to myself. here is how bad it is:
Ok...what was that again?? A script or some kinda spy-code shit??:updown:

believe it or not i can actually read that, it says:

punctured windows looks to grounds / treeline northside

what i suffer most from is inconsistency in letters so it's hard to know if that is an r, an n, a squigle... ;)

ok, to prove that i'm not completely useless at that handwriting thing, here is a sketch from my masters with some annotation, in print-caps.

i suggest a little look at my h's, they are like russian backward n's, it confuses most people :)

Attachment(s):

sk_text.jpg, 28.39kb

sk_text.jpg

Back