Happy Birthday Rose.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
hey...your birthday...tournament of roses parade...coincidence? you know, the rose bowl used be on the 1st.....your parents football fans?

tonks said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
hey...your birthday...tournament of roses parade...coincidence? you know, the rose bowl used be on the 1st.....your parents football fans?

The Rose Bowl isn't on the first anymore? :confused:

Dad wanted to name me Katie, which is odd because that's a name I've always loved. But yadda yadda, whatever happened, they compromised on "Rose" and I imagine they had been watching the game earlier that day. I was born in the evening, in California. *hehe* :shrug: I suppose I'll never get the true story out of 'em, they're kinda goofy like that. So yeah, I've been known to say that I am in fact named after football, or a parade - whichever mood strikes.

Thank you, everyone. :) I got to sleep in today. :D It can't get much better ... can it?

Happy birthday Rose. God bless you for having a birthday that's so easy to remember. If only all women were so thoughtful it would just make life so much easier on the men of the world.

Rose said:
The Rose Bowl isn't on the first anymore? :confused:
my neighbors birthday is today and he swears that the rose bowl isn't always on new years day...i figured he oughta know...but it is on today...my mistake.

since i wasnt here for a few days: happy belated b-day rose!!! sorry for the lateness! hope you had a good one!

The Rose Bowl is always on January 1st, unless it's its turn to host the national championship game, in which case it's a few days later. I wouldn't be surprised if there have been a few other times through the decades as well, but as it is now, it's always a part of the Tournament of Roses on January 1st unless it's the national championship game.

Happy Birthday Rose (just a few days late)! I hope you had a great one!​
:jump: :band: :jump:
Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Rose, happy birthday to you! And many more....

Back