Happy feast of Lupercalia

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Feb 14
The eve of the Roman feast of Lupercalia. Naked youths would run through Rome, anointed with the blood of sacrificed dogs and goats, waving thongs cut from the goats. If a young woman was struck by the thong, fertility was assured. Pope Gelasius I decided this was a bit too much, and co-opted the Roman holiday to be the Feast of St. Valentine in 484 A.D.

Did they say thongs cut from goats? I thought thongs were a fairly recent invention, meant to get rid of panty lines.

I still say that if God didn't intend for us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat. :D

so now your tellin' me to remain true to the holiday
I gotta sacrifice a goat, cut a thong from it and smack me sweetie with it sheesh

it just keeps gittin' tougher every year

Admit it! You hadn't thought of that one before. Now you have an idea for something new this Valentine's Day.

Winky said:
so now your tellin' me to remain true to the holiday
I gotta sacrifice a goat, cut a thong from it and smack me sweetie with it sheesh

it just keeps gittin' tougher every year

Naked youths would run through Rome

I think you might be counted out (I knkow I would be counted out)

paul_valaru said:
holy fuck, congratz
I edited out the 9,000 post thing because I decided to be incognito about it and see how long it would take someone to notice. So much for that now. :mope:

So, what did everyone get for their significant other? I've already spilled about glass roses and delayed mugs. I got a snow globe for V2.0 cutest thing. First, it's not glass, its some kind of transparent silicone rubber bubble. Filled with a tiny rose, and sparkles. But the kicker is that it disco lights from the bottom, and the liquid refracts it so the entire globe glows, and the sparkles drift about in it. Very close to my best find yet for the uber-geek.

My anniversary is Thursday...nothing :D

Oh, nubile nekid youths running free sounds wonderful until you throw in the dog blood & goat straps

I got a card in the mail from my mom yesterday :)

I forgot to send a card to her this year...oops :(

I was gonna get my roommate some chocolates...but nowhere on campus seems to have valentines chocolate today :(

Back