Happy NAFTA!!!

ResearchMonkey

Its official, the thing is now delivering all the goodeness it was intended too...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601086&sid=aecLioKgg9cU&refer=news
icon9.gif

Mexico and the U.S. are about to eliminate the last tariffs on goods they trade...

Translation: Mexicans got treated more fairly by the US government than did Southerners. No bloodshed required either. Yip-fuckin-eee.

In Mexico, farmers plan nationwide protests...

There are any left?

In Mexico, protesters plan to form a human wall at main U.S. border crossing-points to block grain imports. The National Confederation of Farmers, with 5 million members, said there might be an armed revolt similar to the Zapatista rebel uprising in January 1994 when Nafta took effect.

If anybody oughta know where the main border crossing points are...

No comment until I have time to read the link. Thanks RM because I know if you posted it, even if I disagree with it it's most likely not some lunatic fringe whackjob site with a story deigned to tell me whatever my opinion actually is, that I am wrong.

Of course since you left the url visible and intact, I know that even if I was in question in the first place.

Mexico and the U.S. are about to eliminate the last tariffs on goods they trade...

Free Trade? Holy crap.

Mexicans got treated more fairly by the US government than did Southerners.

What? We still have tariffs on trade with the South?

(mexican farmers)....There are any left?

Dope farmers, a growing industry...

Michael Wilson, a botanist and director of research at the Drylands Institute in Tucson, said he avoids some parts of Mexico's Sonora state since seeing opium poppies, which are not native to Mexico, and mules carrying loads of marijuana down from the mountains. Opium resin is used to make heroin.

reap-eted source

Of corse one of the most important/destructive laws/mistake signed by the Clintons dual presidency.

The tip of the IceBerg said:
Nafta Should Have Stopped Illegal Immigration, Right?

Source, the right-wing newspaper of Bill Kristal's weekly OP/ED

"Mrs President, tear down this wall"

P9150070-723443.JPG

Look at it this way...

If Mexico becomes a producer, they'll quit moving here & stealing our lawn care jobs.

Back