Happy Saturday Night!

tonksy

Spent the day yard saling! Now I am watching the Master's and drinking homemade Tonksy Margarita's from a Green Bay Packers glass and waiting for the poker folks to show up. Hope ya'll have a great evening! I'm working on getting frdunk!

Well... I'm on kosher Coca-Cola right now to try and stay awake since I'm on short sleep. I will be moving to beer shortly.

Hey, guys, y'all have fun...we are about to take the girls to Ryan's for supper, and then to Wal-Mart...I like it when they are easily amused, but I think it is more along the lines of something the five of us ALWAYS do together when they are here...we'll talk to you tomorrow after church.:toast:

Got an old buddy comin' up, couple of fat juicy ribeye's marinading and some bakers.....fat and happy here :toast:

just sitting around watching the Sox game. might watch a movie afterwards. nothing exciting tonight.

alex said:
Got an old buddy comin' up, couple of fat juicy ribeye's marinading and some bakers.....fat and happy here :toast:

Are we speaking of Baker's, as in bourbon? If so, my hat is off to you, oh purveyor of impeccable taste in booze...:nanabang:

I spent my Saturday night getting the new TV and a surround sound system, then getting it all set up... problem is that the space for the surround sound receiver is 17 inches wide and the receiver seems to be 17.0001 inches wide. That was a tight squeeze, yes indeed.

I had the same problem with the custom cabinet I recently had built. I measured the width of the Sony Megachanger and receiver right at 17" but the DVR and the DVD player are slightly wider.

*smacks self for designing a cabinet not wide enough

alex said:
I had the same problem with the custom cabinet I recently had built. I measured the width of the Sony Megachanger and receiver right at 17" but the DVR and the DVD player are slightly wider.

*smacks self for designing a cabinet not wide enough
Heh. I hate when that happens.

My lovely wife is especially good at buying stuff (on sale of course) that "looks" the right size.

Inkara1 said:
I spent my Saturday night getting the new TV and a surround sound system, then getting it all set up... problem is that the space for the surround sound receiver is 17 inches wide and the receiver seems to be 17.0001 inches wide. That was a tight squeeze, yes indeed.

If it was a tight squeeze then I figure the receiver was 17" wide aswell...if it was 17.0001 it would not have fit at all.

I ended up having to undo the "cam lock" screws to allow the wood to bend enough to squeeze it in. The real problem was with the faceplate, which was ever so slightly wider than the rest of the receiver. The rest of it, I could push in without having to undo any screws, but the faceplate required the screw treatment. Luckily, the cams the screws grip are still in, and I got the cam lock screws turned back a little bit to hold them in place... and the tight fit means the receiver probably wouldn't fall down even if the shelf did.

Back