Having Beach withdrawl !!!

Mare

:grumpy: Redtide is here to stay for awhile, all the dead fishes on the beach, and the stinky smell.........OMG!
And everyday now for 2-3 weeks at 1-3 o'clock in the afternoon, the thunder storms come,bad electric ones too. The other nite our electric went out till 4 am.
Oh gawd! How I am missing my beach time!:rolleyes:

I witnessed one of the nastier redtides about 12 years ago in the Tampa area... positively nasty. Its one of those things that NASA takes a piccy of just to show how huge it is (100x100 miles in an amorphous blob). Tis believed to be a result of agricultural fertilizer runoff getting into the ocean and feeding the storm right at the height of warm water and whatnot.

You know... I don't recall the beach around here ever having a redtide. Weather's been nice since the heat wave ended, too... high today is supposed to be in the mid-80s, and somewhere in the 70s at the coast. Positively comfortable.

Mmm, just went to Belmar Beach yesterday. It was great.... good waves, good, um, scenery and all that. Got nice and toasty, but only a slight burn on the back area. Gonna have to talk about the woman and her sunscreen application techniques. Sorry to rub it in Mare (sort of! :D)

Yeah, it's only 105 up here in NYC with 120 for a heat index... good thing the AC broke down in my building...goddammit

Back