He done got edumacated

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
After a whole pile of shit over years and years and years, the boy graduated grade 8 last night.

It was a good graduation - after each got called up, there was a little video of them answering questions like "What will you miss about". Wa funner for everybody than an endless procession of awards. All went well, noone got arrested, and most of them (oddly enough, the "cool" ones) went to school this morning.

I'm gonna go cry now.

Is that the minimum amount of schooling under Canadian law?

As a total sidebar, we have a new show as off season tv filler following the ice truckers supplying the diamond mines northeast of the arctic circle. Some of those guys were like 7-8 year veteran truckers at like 23-24-25. It makes me wonder what the laws are up there as a minimum age to start a life commercial trucking. One guy apparently was 21 but had been certified to haul every conceivable variant of oversized, hazardous, freaky payload that can be imagined... at the age of 17. I don't remember... but I think you have to be 21 to do that in the States.

The Critter finished year eight now, and has two more years to get his act together and prove he can do well other than just being a charmer. The brat came home boasting about his grades in English, making sure not to mention the rest. Ahem.

The CDL is 21 (though most insurers want 25+)

However, since the ice truckers don't drive upon public roadways....

Back