He should be

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
shot. Yes. I said it. Shot. He was a thief who, though impaired, attempted the unthinkable. He should be shot, and his head mounted on a pike at the outermost gate he entered. Anyone who thinks this is harsh should remember what he was attempting to do, and decide which is more palatable.

They asked the man for identification, but he hit the gas and drove through the checkpoint.
possibly shot at

Why don't they have some of those tire-shredding devices there, that they can lower when the OK is given?

Oh, Oh that's right, it might inconvenience some high ranging official.:rolleyes:

another one of those stories that make me wonder why the name isn't released....
(possible legal status...?)

another one of those stories that make me wonder why the name isn't released....
(possible legal status...?)

This may explain why the name hasn't been released:

"Oak Ridge police were searching for the driver."

Jumping to illegals/terror on everything just shows how well the fear mongering is working. He may be illegal and a terrorist, but why jump to conclusions.

Impaired driver crashing through the gates of a nuke facility? Trashcan man, anyone?

trashman.jpg

a primary storehouse for bomb-grade uranium

shoot first, ask questions later.
it'd be one thing if it was a Wal-Mart distribution center but we're talking about a place with bomb-grade uranium.

Yeah, I don't think they caught him, so they can't really identify him.

Living pretty close to this facility, I would have hoped they would have more stringent security in place to begin with. It amazes me how close fishermen can get by boat to this place. It equally amazes me that anyone would eat a fish caught next to a nuke plant, but that's a different ball of wax.

The radio news story I heard the day it happened mentioned that the driver was "apparently impaired in some manner". Now if that alludes to substance use or to mental deficiency I don't know.

This may explain why the name hasn't been released:

"Oak Ridge police were searching for the driver."

Jumping to illegals/terror on everything just shows how well the fear mongering is working. He may be illegal and a terrorist, but why jump to conclusions.

It's my understanding that "wondering" and "jumping to conclusions" are two
different things.
Do they mean the same to you?

If they haven't caught the guy, that's even more disturbing than if they
are just holding the information.

It's my understanding that "wondering" and "jumping to conclusions" are two
different things.
Do they mean the same to you?

Fair enough, maybe I should say "first thing you think of" even when the real explanation is right in the article.

I don't care if he is active duty military. BTW...who said anything about 'terrorist' or 'illegal'? Sure wasn't me.

possibly shot at

Why don't they have some of those tire-shredding devices there, that they can lower when the OK is given?

Oh, Oh that's right, it might inconvenience some high ranging official.:rolleyes:

Don't need any. They've got one of those 'sunken' barriers. Basically a huge wedge of metal that they can lift with hydraulics...In other words...a wall. ;)

I think he should get a trial by a jury of his peers as is prescribed somewhere.

Upon becoming a threat to the facility, he should have been shot. Let a grand jury examine the options from there.

Upon becoming a threat to the facility, he should have been shot. Let a grand jury examine the options from there.

Never ceases to amaze me how some folks always scream for justice when the crime is the most heinous. We have rules on government property...some of which state that deadly force is authorized if you enter a certain area without the proper clearance. The guy should've been shot, and his head mounted on a pike at the front gates. We're not talking a thief robbing a 7/11. He was attempting to gain entry into a nuclear facility that processed uranium for nuclear weapons.

Back