Head Cold

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and now the pressure in my head is increasing rather quickly...anyone know anyway to get rid of this quickly? I'm going to look for my Tylenol Sinus now but that usually takes a few days...I have an exam tonight and it's hard to think when my head feels like it's going to explode.

Just (9 times) how desperate are you? Nasal mists put the medication right up the sinuses, but they're gross-feeling beyond desctiption. I've (once) taken a small ear bulb and shot boiled (not boiling, boiled) water straight up the snout. If you're capable of breathing through your nose, you can do this without drowning. But the cure, in this case, is marginally worse that the disease. I'd go with an antihistemine mist.

That involves me going outside doesn't it...

I was so very confused as to why you were putting (x times) after the word just...I have now figured it out...in the avatar thread I thought it was part of what you were saying and I was confused.

Try inhaling steam from a boiled pot of water with a towel over your head for 15 minutes. Along with a steady supply of Mucinex and tons of liquids, it always helps clear me up.

Feel better, and good luck on your exam. :)

I just ate some chicken soup...my head now just feels like it's full of cotton balls...instead of feeling like it's going to explode.

Yes, the bowl of steamed water with eucalyptus oil is a good short-term solution. Otherwise, there's not much you can do other than sweat it out.

hot toddy's are great. what's wrong with the alcohol content Nixy??? i usually make myself hot toddy's when i'm not feeling well and they help me out.

I would like to point you all back to my first post about how I have to write an exam tonight...I am in the practice of being SOBER when writing tests and exams.

Nixy said:
I would like to point you all back to my first post about how I have to write an exam tonight...I am in the practice of being SOBER when writing tests and exams.

Just (eleven) out of curiosity, what did you think one of the main ingredients in cough medicine is?

Professur said:
Jsut out of curiosity, what did you think one of the main ingredients in cough medicine is?

I'm not taking cough medicine, I'm not coughing. Tylenol tablets is all and actually I never did find those.

Back