Heard on Bill Maher

Yeah, in Atlanta we've all been calling for Cathy Cox's resignation on grounds of extreme idiocy. We'd probably laugh at Maher's comments, too.

I'd like to see him say it, oh let's say around Albany, though, or anywhere else in rural GA. They'd have to pick ol' Bill up with a sponge. :D

Now HomeLAN, where's your sense of humor. The elitist snobs are growing & they have the power to tell us what's funny & what's PC.

Had he added the word black or Chinese or homosexual or women in front of Georgia, it would have gotten him shot (outside the Dixie Lands), so he never, in a million years, would have said it.

Yes, I do find the humor in it, for those of you who think I don't, but I laugh at all racist, sexist, homophobic (I is one you know, ask chcr) jokes I hear (if they're funny). I love stereotype humor.

Gonz said:
Now HomeLAN, where's your sense of humor. The elitist snobs are growing & they have the power to tell us what's funny & what's PC.

Had he added the word black or Chinese or homosexual or women in front of Georgia, it would have gotten him shot (outside the Dixie Lands), so he never, in a million years, would have said it.

Yes, I do find the humor in it, for those of you who think I don't, but I laugh at all racist, sexist, homophobic (I is one you know, ask chcr) jokes I hear (if they're funny). I love stereotype humor.

Oh, I do find it humorous. I also, like a majority of Georgians, forward my heartfelt thanks to Cathy for making my state a national laghing-stock.

I'm just pointing out that there's a time and a place for everything, and I hope Bill doesn't find that out the hard way. BTW, racially motivated humor is likely to get you shot down here a shitload faster than in, say, NYC.

That's because justice has a home in Georgia. It only rents in NYC ;)

HomeLAN said:
Oh, I do find it humorous. I also, like a majority of Georgians, forward my heartfelt thanks to Cathy for making my state a national laghing-stock.

I'm just pointing out that there's a time and a place for everything, and I hope Bill doesn't find that out the hard way. BTW, racially motivated humor is likely to get you shot down here a shitload faster than in, say, NYC.

The sad thing is that just enough of that stereotypical stuff goes on to keep it alive. Last year a sheriff in one of the rural counties up here arrested his second cousin on a trumped up charge because he thought he was going to try to kill him for screwing his daughter. I see shit like that and think, "no wonder they all think we're toothless inbred idiots." :shrug: Stereotypes have a basis in reality, or they wouldn't be stereotypes.

Oh, in my experience there are way more racists in Phoenix than there are in Nashville.

chcr said:
Oh, in my experience there are way more racists in Phoenix than there are in Nashville.

Try Western Pennsylvania, if you want to see bad racism. I know. I grew up there, and I actually see less racism overseas (where I'm just another ugly American) than here at home.

Gato_Solo said:
Try Western Pennsylvania, if you want to see bad racism. I know. I grew up there, and I actually see less racism overseas (where I'm just another ugly American) than here at home.

That isn't hard for me to believe at all, Gato. I grew up in upstate New York and we had plenty there (my brother is one of the worst ones I know).

Back