HELP!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My brain is officially fried!

I can't figure out how to take the integral of 2 / (x+5)

k, i figured that put *bangs head on wall*

I am gonna use this threa dif i have any more questions though

ooh yikes. i'm not going to be much help, but i'll be here for support.
*dons cheerleading outfit*

Oops, you're right. Factor out the constant, and I'd wager that ln is involved in there somehow with everything in the denominator. ;)

Nixy! Nixy!
She's our girl!
If she can't do it,
Ummm, shit...

What rhymes with 'girl'?

squirrel... whirl... hurl... furl... curl... Earl... damn.

:grumpy:

Sorry, Nix. I looked lousy in the skirt anyway. :(

C is the constant because when you integrate you end up with an equation of one higher power...

Differentiate x^2 + x + 1 and you get 2x + 1

Ingetrate 2x + 1 and you get x^2 + x

Not the same, hence you add C. C represents the "1" in this case. Or it can represent 2, 3, or whatever... The derivative for the system of equations in the form x^2 + x + a where a is a constant is the same because a is just a vertical shift, ie, it doesn't change the slope of the line.

Um... You can get an infinite number of results when you integrate something. Hence you use C because C represents anything. For example, the following equations all have the same derivative:

x + 1

x + 2

x - 3

x - i

They all have a derivative of "1". When you integrate one, you cannot regain that missing piece of information, the constant. The 1, 2, -3, and -i. Hence you use C :)

I can get an infinite number of answers for 2 + 2. Most of them are wrong, too. And I can add a hidden value to make them add up right.

Just reaming ya. My maths stopped at Matricies. Vectors and functions are more my speed.

Back