here's an odd one for you.

tonksy

when my harddrive crashed, a friend came over to put the new one in and he put in 5oo something MB of RAM. but for some reason my computer is only recognizing the 32 mb that were in it before. now he TOOK OUT the old RAM and put in new stuff, so it must be in right because the computer is working...right? maybe it didn't install? huh? my brain hurts from all this technological thought and the guy who helped me is just as confused as me. any ideas?

But she said he took out the old stuff...so it's JUST the new stuff in there...

Some motherboards can only reconize up to a certain amount of RAM...maybe yours can only see 32mb so it's only using that much of the bigger stick.

hey, guess what guys? he put the wrong stick in. yup. opened up the case with him on the phone. he was a little embarrased, i think. he is supposedly coming over tomorrow to put the other one in. well, at least i learned about memory sticks from the ordeal. thanks, though.

He took one out and then put the same one back in? No offence here, but it may be time to find a new puter buddy.

PuterTutor said:
He took one out and then put the same one back in? No offence here, but it may be time to find a new puter buddy.
haha, well, shit happens....actually, i think he was pretty embarrased.

got more RAM and man, is this thing flying! funny thing, though. now i can't play videos on my media player....only thing that is different is the RAM...not really concerned unless more problems show up.

got more RAM and man, is this thing flying! funny thing, though. now i can't play videos on my media player....only thing that is different is the RAM...not really concerned unless more problems show up.

Uninstall then reinstall the media player. That will usually fix such problems

Yep, just don't get version 9, unless you got a pretty good computer. It runs like crap on older machines.

Ditto. And i dont like that "keep the annoying button-thingie visible while in full-screen-mode"-button... It seems to press itself every once in a while. And i hate not being able to use the spacebar for play/pause./rant

Back